Jobs Around the World: October 2013
Director of Communications for Girl Hub in London
The role requires a dynamic and creative communications professional who will act as strategic partner to the GH GM in communications strategy with key stakeholders, including relevant policy communications advice and counsel. The individual will lead GH communications efforts from head office and in our focus countries.
Communications and Outreach Officer for MSF in Kampong Cham, Cambodia
- To enable the accession of local authorities and adhesion of the elderly population to be screened
- To ensure good communication and cooperation between MSF-F and the local authorities in the villages
- To facilitate the transfers of the TB patients by organizing the transportations
Creative Director/Lead Scriptwriter for PCI Media Impact in Maputo, Mozambique
Communications Specialist for Macfadden in Washington, D.C.
The communications specialist will support the implementation of a virtual community to link Democracy, Human Rights and Governance officers worldwide to raise awareness about USAID’s Democracy, Human Rights and Governance technical leadership activities and programs. This community will be a vehicle to disseminate technical knowledge and documents to USAID staff and to host country counterparts in particular with regard to ensuring the effective implementation of DRG programs, under the Agency’s new DRG Strategy and other Agency priorities that relate to DRG programming initiatives.
Senior Online Strategist for Greenpeace in Washington, D.C. or San Francisco
The Senior Online Strategist will manage a fast-paced team of professionals and work across the organization to raise money, win campaigns, engage supporters and grow the supporter base using the organization’s tactical and strategic objectives as a guide. The position requires an overall understanding of digital communications technology (i.e. social media platforms, basic content management systems, CRM’s, SMS, and web management) with at least five years experience in email list-buliding, database management and segmentation, online to on the ground organizing and online fundraising.
Media Officer for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Yangon, Myanmar
- Contribute to the formulation of strategies for public communication and to the implementation of communication activities in Myanmar
- Maintain and develop positive and constructive relations with media and civil society organisations
- Monitor national and international media, including social media, and provide relevant reports and analysis
Media and Communications Consultant for the International Commission of Jurists in Bangkok
TheMedia and Communications Consultant is responsible for the planning, delivering, organization and dissemination of media activities, as well as the coordination of the production of communications materials, and implementation of ICJ visual and corporate identity in the Asia & Pacific Region.
Senior Press Liaison for USAID in Kabul, Afghanistan
The Senior Press Liaison will forge productive relationships with the press to enhance coverage of USAID Afghanistan activities in both the Afghan and international news media; ensure the production of clear, powerful news advisories and releases; generate colorful, creative features; lead rapid-response efforts to correct erroneous or misleading news accounts; and write senior-level speeches that tell the USAID story eloquently and catch the attention of reporters, editors and producers.
Communications Manager for the Forest Stewardship Council in Bonn, Germany
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• To support the development and implementation of a global communications strategy.
• To provide expertise and resources to internal and external stakeholders (Network Partners, other strategic stakeholders, and units of FSC International) to implement communications strategies for all audiences.
• To lead the development of project-, program- or topic-related communications strategies, in line with FSC’s global vision.