Jobs Around the World: August 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks!
Director of Digital Creative for International Rescue Committee in New York
Deadline: November 3, 2017
The Creative Services & Brand Team functions as an in-house ad agency for the entire IRC. It’s our mission to create best in class creative work and provide excellent client services to all of our key stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, digital assets of all kinds, videos, print ads, brochures and collateral.
The team is looking for someone to lead the digital design discipline for the Creative Services & Brand Team. That person must possess a clean, modern design aesthetic and the ability to think and solve complex marketing challenges. S/he will be responsible for the management, growth and output of the digital design team. S/he must also be capable of working and coordinating with other creative members of the team, as well as client stakeholders, to ensure that all communication channels are speaking with a unified voice. Additionally, s/he will manage the photographic and video archiving staff and lead in the creation of a digital asset management system for the IRC. The right person for this job is both a good, hands on designer who can create compelling, engaging online advertising for the IRC, create inspiring and successful designs for e-commerce web pages and manage a team.
Global Media Manager for Save the Children in London
Deadline: August 9, 2017
We are seeking an energetic and creative Global Media Manager to ensure Save the Children’s voice is heard around the world through a strong media profile. You will obtain global media coverage, with a focus on our work saving children in humanitarian disasters.
- Maintain a strong network of contacts with international journalists as well as identify and build key international partnerships
- Be a spokesperson on Save the Children issues and influence campaign and advocacy plans to help achieve media objectives
- Support regional programmes to deliver influential regional media, as required
- Collaborate across global advocacy, policy and fundraising, taking the lead in preparing external media products that align divisions and reflect our key messaging
- Support risk mitigation approaches during sensitive moments, for media outreach.
Digital Communications Specialist for Jesuit Refugee Service in Rome, Italy
Deadline: August 31, 2017
As part of its Communications strategy, JRS is investing in new tools and resources in order to switch to a more visual communications and enhance its digital presence. The Digital Communications Specialist (DCS) will work with the Communications team to help JRS move into the world of contemporary multimedia. With energy and creativity, the DCS will play a crucial role in improving the quality of JRS content strategy and increasing JRS engagement across all digital platforms. The DCS will be responsible for identifying, creating, and producing multimedia content that will be used for different purposes, and will assist in ensuring proper dissemination.
- Creating and editing multimedia content including videos, animations, and infographics for the website, social media, newsletter, and other outlets;
- In collaboration with the Communications team, managing the social media channels and assisting in proper dissemination of multimedia content;
- Working on content optimization and user experience across multiple channels;
- Monitoring and reporting performance for digital projects;
- Updating content on the website for Search Engine Optimization, and assisting in campaign optimization to meet key performance metrics;
Digital Campaigns Manager for MercyCorps in Portland, Oregon
Deadline: August 23, 2017
The Digital Campaign Manager is a member of the Digital Fundraising Team, which acquires, cultivates, solicits, and upgrades donors via online channels including paid search, email, advertising, display, and other third party digital platforms. S/he is a well-rounded digital professional with a strong donor experience focus and is familiar with the full life cycle of multi-channel digital campaigns, from strategy ideation to planning, documentation, execution, and evaluation.
- Manage cross-channel digital fundraising campaigns throughout campaign lifecycle, partnering with digital fundraising colleagues on campaign strategy development and targeting, and project managing timelines, deliverables, execution, and documentation processes
- Manage Digital Fundraising Team deliverables and activities related to major cause marketing campaigns, in collaboration with Corporations and Foundations, Dev Ops, and Digital Marketing colleagues, and others as needed
- Collaborate with Director of Digital Fundraising, designated Policy and Advocacy team members, and other team members as needed on development of advocacy campaign plans, creative, and implementation
- Serve as point person for Digital Fundraising Team on creative projects with in-house creative team
Audio Visual Specialist for ORBIS International
Deadline: September 30, 2017
The Audio-Visual Specialist will be responsible for filming and editing educational video content for the medical team. S/He provides specialist support for live surgery demonstrations, lecture room administration including managing the audio response system, Lecture Capture, and related educational technology services of the FEH like live webinars. Additionally, the AV Specialist produces public relations and training videos, and ensures the efficient operation and maintenance of all audiovisual equipment, troubleshooting and repairing as necessary.
- Produce and edit surgical teaching videos to meet specific program objectives or to enhance Orbis’s video library.
- Coordinate lecture visuals (PowerPoint, videos etc) used by Visiting Faculty for the FEH classroom
- Produce and edit Orbis promotional videos to support the organization’s fundraising and advocacy efforts as requested.
- Manage all aspects of live broadcasts from the operating room to the FEH classroom and to live webinars.
Marketing and Communications Manager for Build It Green in Oakland, California
Deadline: August 31, 2017
This positions requires a creative communicator with the mind of a marketer, who can develop strategies and run marketing campaigns—email, social, direct mail, ppc—that get results. This job needs a detail-oriented doer who can draft copy, segment email lists, hit the send button, monitor the analytics, and figure out what worked and what didn’t. At heart, you’re a collaborator, writer and storyteller who knows how to grab attention through compelling blog posts, conversational tweets, video clips, emails, and landing pages.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager in developing marketing goals, plans, and campaigns.
- Work with managers and directors to understand the goals, scope, and customer needs for existing programs and new business ventures; develop supportive marketing and communications initiatives.
- Oversee marketing and communications for designated BIG programs and contracts, working to meet goals, implement plans, and fulfill ongoing marketing requests from staff.
- Act as primary administrator of BIG’s email marketing and marketing automation platform, setting up campaigns and maintaining contact lists.
- Oversee the management and day-to-day updating of BIG’s website, driving traffic with compelling content and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
Marketing and Communications Associate for Asia Pacific Forum on Women in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Deadline: August 30, 2017
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Information and Communications Associate. The successful applicant will work with our communications team, and take a lead in developing digital content, manage our social media communications and work closely on campaigns and advocacy with our dynamic membership to advance women’s human rights and development justice.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific;
- A degree in communication studies, journalism or media studies;
- Minimum of two to three years of work experience using innovative and powerful communication strategies to advance women’s human rights;
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital communication tools and technologies (including social media);
- Strong writing skills for web (experience in using WordPress and creating digital media content-desirable);
- Skills and knowledge of graphic design and video and photo editing software;
- Basic knowledge of analysing social media and communications impact;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Communications Officer for Kakenya’s Dream in Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: August 12, 2017
Kakenya’s Dream is seeking a communications professional to plan and execute a variety of communications projects, including writing and publishing a range of content for print and digital channels. This position will also assist in managing media relations as well as speech and presentation support for our Founder. We are seeking someone who loves to write and is skilled at creating succinct, easy-to-read, persuasive content. We hope to find someone who enjoys the story-telling process and can help us paint a picture of our impact and our approach to empowering girls.
- Write and publish a wide variety of nonprofit materials including press releases, brochures, success stories, digital content (web and social media), PPT presentations and newsletters.
- Ensure that our content/messaging is well written, and communicates our unique public-service mission and impressive track record.
- Identify and share interesting stories from our boarding school, health and leadership camps and Network for Excellence students. Interview relevant stakeholders and develop interesting story angles to produce polished, well-written pieces.
- Help us expand our digital story telling and social media capabilities.
- Manage media relations & visibility plan.