Jobs Around the World: September 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you!
Senior African Communications Associate for One Acre Fund in Nairobi
Deadline: October 10, 2017
• At least 5 years of on-the-job experience in journalism or public relations in our countries of operation
• Deep familiarity with local media markets, particularly in Kenya
• Experience developing outreach strategies and advising senior leadership on high-stakes decisions
• Experience leading media trainings and crisis communications strongly preferred
Communications Officer for Constru Casa in Antigua, Guatemala
Deadline: September 30, 2017
– Reach out to organisations (foundations, corporations, churches, universities) to promote our volunteer program or to find funding opportunities
– Help write and find content for newsletter and promotional material
– Manage social media and website content
– Design and update marketing materials for the organisation
– Find and post video content
– Take and touch up photos
Senior Manager, Content, at Lutheran World Relief in Baltimore
- Gather content, both in the field and by desk research/interviews, providing a steady supply of stories and content leads for all of LWR’s externally-facing communications channels. Includes providing guidance content partners such as freelance videographers and photographers with storyboarding, interviews, scripting and accompaniment in the field.
- Generate, distribute and repurpose content, both in digital and traditional formats, to effectively reach all LWR external audiences. Examples include content and stories for LWR newsletters, the LWR website, the LWR blog, external blogs, congregational engagement resources, the annual report, and drafting proposals/progress reports for major and mid-level donors and congregations, acknowledgment letters, advertisements, and industry/trade publications.
- Support Social Media & Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing/Fundraising Manager by generating copy for website, social media, email marketing and fundraising appeals.
Creative Director for Beyond Borders in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: October 15, 2017
• Elaborate and implement a comprehensive organizational communication strategy, with strong focus on innovative ideas to refine social media outreach and strategy to grow followers, increase engagement and optimize user experience
• Create and/or edit multimedia content including videos, animations, and infographics for the website, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), quarterly newsletters (print and/or online), and other appropriate outlets
• Manage social media channels and ensure proper dissemination of multimedia content
Communications Specialist for the International Potato Center in Peru
Deadline: September 26, 2017
• Support the development and implementation of the project communication strategy.
• Coordinate communication efforts in partner Centers, programs, and organizations.
• Coordinate promotion of the SERVIR Amazonia brand, particularly among donors and decision makers.
• Supervise online content for the project website.
Regional Content Manager for Amnesty International in Bangkok
Deadline: October 1, 2017
You’ll be a skilled and versatile storyteller, able to roll up your sleeves to develop and deliver innovative and locally relevant communications strategies and cross-platform content in support of regional campaign, advocacy and communication objectives, while making sure all communications embody Amnesty International’s brand.
You will also have experience in managing a team and network of freelancers, vendors and volunteers to deliver on objectives.
Regional Communications and Media Officer for Save the Children in Nairobi
Deadline: September 22, 2017
• Support in the packaging of programme stories and content that profiles East and Southern Africa by delivering effective and timely communication
• Support in the development and packing of humanitarian communication materials by promoting knowledge to influence advocacy, policy and body of knowledge
• Manage media enquiries, obtain coverage by developing strong media relations
Communications Associate, Shot@Life, for the United Nations Foundation in Washington, D.C.
• Work with the Shot@Life Communications Officer and campaign team members to develop and implement communications strategies across email, web, multimedia, and social media platforms;
• Work with the Shot@Life and the Public Affairs teams to identify, explore, and implement creative digital strategies;
• Lead Shot@Life’s rubella communications strategy and implementation in accordance with the goals laid out in the team’s annual business plan