JOBS AROUND THE WORLD: APRIL 2018
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you!
Communication Officer for Aide et Action International (AEAI) in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Deadline: May 4, 2018
Our approaches focus on early transformation during two time periods which are most critical in a child’s schooling, Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) to basic education. We are looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Communication Officer for our regional office.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for the region;
- Lead the production of news, online contents, visual presentations and innovative communication tools. Suggest who, where, and when to disseminate;
- Serve as media focal contact for information related to the programs in the region;
- Support the management of the development, distribution, and maintenance of all printed and electronic collaterals including but not limited to newsletters, e-news, brochures, annual report, websites, etc;
- At least 4-year experience in developing marketing related, media relations, or promotional materials; experience as a journalist in education development preferred;
- Experience producing high-quality print materials and collaborating in the production of multimedia content packages;
- Possess a solid understanding of the social media universe including, but not limited to: Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, Google+, etc;
- Excellent English and French is a plus.
Content Marketer for Medair in Lausanne, Switzerland
Deadline: June 25, 2018
Coordinate the creation, production and distribution of valuable, relevant, and consistent communications to attract and retain Medair’s core audiences in Switzerland — and ultimately, to drive donations.
- Analyze content strategies and tools employed by similar organizations. Be aware of marketing & fundraising trends in Switzerland.
- Connect with Medair audiences and deepen knowledge of needs, wants, etc.
- Create and implement a strategy for connecting with Medair audience through different channels (print, website, email, social media, events, offline and online advertising, etc.)
- Coordinate the creation of copy, design, and video needs for each project.
- Analyse performance of created content/campaigns.
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Undergraduate degree in Communication, Fundraising, Marketing or equivalent job experience.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). German/Dutch an asset.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a Content Marketing or similar position.
Communications Officer for Save the Children in the Philippines
Deadline: April 19, 2018
The Communications officer will gather all of the communication information from his/ her area. He/she will prepare, assist and or supervise communications outputs such as films, photographs, case studies, blogs and field situation reports other communication platforms as required by the project. Signed off communication products can be used by the program office externally, especially as necessary documentation for their reports to donors, partners and stakeholders. Hence, he/she shall work closely with external or internal consultants, technical advisers and project teams to ensure quality and effective key messaging of each expected output.
- A graduate of BA Communication/ Journalism/ Broadcasting or any related course
- 3-5 years work experience in a communications or journalistic capacity
- Excellent writing skills (sample works required) and interpersonal communication skills, both in Tagalog and English
- A keen eye for good stories
- Ability to take quality video and photographs
- Proficiency in using MS Word, MS Excel, Photoshop, In Design and Premiere Pro
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills with children in order to gather good case studies
- Experience working in a humanitarian context
- Experience working in an international NGO
Digital Communications Officer for ACTED in Paris, France
Deadline: May 9, 2018
New position in the Communication department as part of the digital and marketing-focused communication strategy, aimed at reaching out to increased and new audiences, developing networks and communities, with transformation objectives.
- Management and development of online communication platforms
- Social community development and management
- Emails and digital campaigns management
- Digital optimization and conversion
- Contribution to the implementation of ACTED’s direct marketing and digital giving strategy
Communications Officer for The Girl Generation in London, England
Deadline: April 22, 2018
We are looking for an energetic and creative Communications Officer who will play a key role in producing positive communications material in the end FGM campaign. The officer will be responsible for writing and editing positive stories of change, overseeing the production of creative products, overseeing The Girl Generation’s website, and managing development of communications resources. As part of The Girl Generation Communication team, the Communication officer will play a key role in producing positive and accessible contents in the final FGM campaign.
- Writing, editing and amplifying positive stories of change
- Overseeing development of communication products
- Overseeing development of communications capacity building resources
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent professional experience in an area related to human rights, gender-based violence, international development or other similar.
- Flare for writing concise, compelling copy for digital and print.
- Strong editor – with an eye for detail, a good sense of what makes a good story, and the ability to redirect/ re-purpose content for different audiences and outputs.
- Experience of content creation, including positive stories of change on complex issues across multiple platforms and countries.
Remote Storytelling and Digital Media Manager for The Syria Campaign Anywhere in European, Middle Eastern or East Coast US time zones
Deadline: April 30, 2018
You don’t need to be an expert on Syria, we’ve got that covered. We’re looking for people who are motivated by human rights and excited to use their skills to help echo and elevate the work of our Syrian partners including the heroic White Helmets, inspiring Families for Freedom and many, many more.The storytelling and media manager will be at the heart of creating campaigns and content that elevates the work of Syria’s heroes to millions around the world.
- Track record of delivering digital or media campaigns that have impact
- Track record of working with traditional and digital media outlets
- A strong news sense and ability to tell a story visually
- Ability to influence and persuade editors and commissioners
- Experience of managing budgets and project teams to deliver specific projects
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
Gender and Communications Officer for Future Pioneers for Empowering Communities in Amman, Jordan
Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Minimum university degree in social science (preferably relating to gender studies)
- Arabic is Requirement
- Develop and implement a communications strategy
- Consistently update and maintain project websites and social media accounts
- Develop communications content to strengthen advocacy and increase visibility
- Act as focal point for all gender-related tasks
- Demonstrated analytical and advocacy skills on gender issues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt relevant messages to an array of audiences
- Able to clearly identify links and gaps between gender and environmental issues
Communications Officer for International Rescue Committee in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: April 14, 2018
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a Communications Officer (CO) to manage internal and external communications and visibility projects for the IRC Ethiopia country program. He or she will be responsible for designing and delivering a range of communications products, including country office fact sheets, VIP visit briefing materials, program success stories, photos and videos, interviews with beneficiaries, blog posts for the IRC’s website, interviewing and writing staff profiles, and maintaining a new website for the IRC’s three-year Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) project funded by USAID, among other tasks. He or she will be expected to develop and maintain a communications strategy for the country program, train staff on communications approaches, and be accountable for meeting IRC Ethiopia’s contractual donor visibility requirements. The Communications Officer will report to the Deputy Director of Programs and work closely with the RRM Program Director, other IRC Ethiopia staff members, and the IRC’s regional and HQ communications staff. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.