Jobs Around the World: December 2013
Reporting and Communications Manager for the International Rescue Committee in Bamako, Mali
- Edit and finalize high quality narrative reports for donors in compliance with donor requirements and IRC Mali internal calendar and process – 35%
- Design a country program communication strategy and produce information and communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, contribution to global IRC news bulletin, and annual and sector reviews – 35%
- Train/coach program staff on communication strategies and presentation of information in donor reports – 10%
Communications Specialist for the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center in Bangkok
• Organize briefings on ADPC activities, ADPC strategy 2
Creative Services Manager for the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center near Mexico City
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and service-orientated professional for the position of Creative Services Manager in the International Communications Department to lead our talented in-house creative team. CIMMYT’s creative team is tasked with creating all visual materials used to promote the organization – websites, graphics, print collateral, presentations, videos, photography and more. We’re looking for a passionate leader with a deep understanding of design, marketing and branding.
Communications Coordinator for the Mennonite Central Committee East Coast in Philadelphia
Through providing leadership for the communications activities, this role works to deepen constituent awareness of MCC’s programs and how constituents may get involved. In coordinating communications, this individual must be familiar with the range of resources available to tell the MCC story and the communication channels available to MCC at national/regional levels, ensuring branded communication that is timely, effective and appropriate. In partnership with the Donor Relations Coordinator, this role directs the work of the East Coast CDR network.
Behavior Change Communications Officer for Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition in Jakarta
- Oversee work done by a creative agency to ensure that formative research is translated into a BCC campaign including supervising pre-testing of campaign ideas and getting approval from government.
- Check communication materials prepared by creative and activation agencies to ensure consistency with the campaign theme(s).
- Liaison between GAIN and the research agencies in Indonesia and overseas for upcoming formative research projects in 2014.
Communications Coordinator for Child and Youth Finance International in Amsterdam
1) Communications & Marketing – assisting in the development and implementation of the Organization’s communications strategies, marketing, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Coordinates the efforts of the communications team and works with the other departments of the Organization.
2) Public Relations & Advocacy- works with the Director of Communications to ensure that Child and Youth Finance is being represented in international arenas and that CYFI is being raised as a topic in the agenda of key global institutions and the media. This would involve writing of concept notes, building relationships with media, creation of press releases, media packs and other press material. (LOTS OF WRITING!)
Director of Communications and Market for the World Affairs Council of Northern California’s Global Philanthropy Forum in San Francisco
S/He will be responsible for developing and implementing a dynamic global communications strategy which will proactively advance the GPF mission, its programmatic agenda and enhance its brand. The Director will be responsible for GPF’s varied and integrated communications including: print media, web, videos and other online communications; media, public relations and marketing. S/He will work closely with external stakeholders and strategic partners to expand relationships and enhance the GPF’s visibility as a unique learning community.
Development Manager for Spark MicroGrants in Musanze, Rwanda
Spark MicroGrants is seeking a full time Development Manager to spearhead our donor communications and outreach strategy. The Development Manager will be responsible for collecting field updates, donor reporting, grant writing as well as developing systems to institutionalize and automate external and internal communication. The ideal candidate must have very strong writing skills as well as prior experience creating grant proposals.
Technical Assistant in Logistics and Communications for Institute for War and Peace Reporting in Mexico City
We are seeking a Spanish speaker who is open-minded, organized and able to handle multiple logistics, administration and communications tasks simultaneously. The person will join a multidisciplinary team working on projects to train journalists and promote the right of expression and information in Latin America. This is a part-time post, 20 hours a week, by agreement Monday to Friday.
Human Rights Storyteller for EarthRights International in Chiang Mai, Thailand
The Storyteller’s core purpose is to amplify the voices of our local staff, students, alumni, and partners working throughout Southeast Asia, on a variety of human rights and environmental issues. The Storyteller ensures that their stories reach and persuade our English-speaking audiences, thus allowing us to not only advocate and fundraise more effectively, but also to offer our local allies the dignity and justice of telling their own stories.
Graphic Designer for Access in New York
The new Access graphic designer will be our first in-house designer, and will have a tremendous opportunity to help shape our graphic identity as we go through a website overhaul and production of brand guidelines. In addition to these major projects, the designer will be engaged in creating layouts and images for campaigns and fundraisers, designing usable single-serving websites, visualizing data in interactive and compelling ways, branding tech initiatives and products, producing templates for our printed material, and helping us develop our own line of awesome schwag: stickers, t-shirts, and skunkworks projects like Accessbrau.