Jobs Around the World: April 2014
Lead Storychanger with Reweave in Boston
- Develop captivating and engaging video content with limited resources.
- Hire and lead interns and eventually staff to create innovative multimedia content (infographics, videos, photos, articles, blog posts, and games).
- Build relationships internationally with schools and win over administrators in order to user-test our content and curriculum with youth.
- Innovate and iterate viable revenue streams with key partners.
Communication Officer with URS Sustainable Development in Jakarta
The candidate will have to demonstrate experience in organising and managing events for different target audiences, document management (media articles, photos, factsheets etc), website management and content development experience. The candidate must have excellent written and spoken English, including drafting media and promotional materials, good interpersonal and communications skills, demonstrated ability to work in a small team and provide sound judgement and problem solving skills. You will have degree in communications, public relations or journalism.
Director of Nature Photography with FOTOKIDS in Las Mangas, Honduras
This job in rural Honduras with our project GUARUMA, focuses on using nature photography and graphic arts with students from 5th grade primary to late teens. The project focusing on environmental education has been in existence since the year 2000. Students have been working in macro/nature photography and have been published in prestigious nature magazines and won many awards.
Media Specialists with IREX in Myanmar
· Provide and/or develop seminars, workshops, and in-house consultancies for media outlets · Assist in maintaining effective partnerships with national and regional media as well as civil society organizations and other stakeholders · Advise and implement activities to support and strengthen media sector
Senior Internal Communications Officer at Mercy Corps in Portland, Oregon, USA
The Senior Internal Communications Officer will develop and implement a global internal communications strategy that articulates Mercy Corps senior leaders’ vision and strategy to the organization; reinforces a cohesive and productive organizational culture through effective information sharing; and supports Mercy Corps’ development as an entrepreneurial, innovative, effective and accountable learning organization and great place to work.
Social Media Strategist for Catholic Relief Services in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
The Social Media Strategist will play a critical role in the development of an overall strategy and direction for social media at CRS. Supporting and in coordination with overall communications and agency content strategy this role will be tasked with increasing fundraising, engagement and awareness for various CRS audiences and the media.
Communication Specialist for The Border Consortium in Bangkok
This position supports the Executive Director and Senior Management team in developing and managing an organisational communications strategy, focusing on the external, while providing support to the internal, to ensure that all communications are aligned with organisational mandate, are consistent and brand-specific, and ultimately meet organisational and beneficiary needs.
Editor and Writer for the International Foundation for Electoral Systems in Washington, D.C.
• Edit (proofread, copyedit, or substantively edit) internal and external IFES publications, including technical reports and proposals, white papers, FAQs on the electoral process, topical brochures, one-pagers, board book and web content • Write, solicit and/or edit content for the annual report and IFES’ internal newsletters • Ensure all publications and materials adhere to IFES’ Brand and Style Guide
Communications Assistant for Doctors Without Borders in New York
- Support the Communications Director in managing budgeting and annual planning budget processes
- Maintains appropriate quantity of marketing materials in office, reorders items as needed, and manages storage of item
- Schedule, draft agenda and take notes for departmental meetings
Fundraising and Advocacy Officer for the Center for Education and Development in Somalia
The Fund Raising and Advocacy Officer will assist the Executive Director in accomplishing the Vision, Mission, and Strategic Objectives of CED.Primary responsibilities include fundraising and resource development; external communications; advocacy; cultivating and maintaining relationships with partner agencies, donors and other stakeholders; participating in the representation of the organization in various arenas; and serving as member of the Senior Management Team of CED.