Jobs Around the World: December 2015
East Africa Director for Miti Health in Nairobi, Kenya
- Strong operational work experience driving results in an early-stage organization
- Proven record of leadership and people management
- Previous experience working in resource-limited settings
- Effective communicator and extremely strong written and spoken English
- Strong problem solving skills including decision making and time management
- Entrepreneurial nature, creativity, resourcefulness, and a sense of humor
- Previous experience in health care, management consulting, supply chain management, or impact evaluation a plus
Development and Marketing Assistant for Citizen Film in San Francisco, California
Deadline: December 22,2015
- work closely with producing staff to research and report on funding opportunities for several different projects concurrently
- work closely with producers to develop and coordinate ongoing calendar of fundraising and outreach deadlines
- help to develop and maintain fundraising & outreach technical systems and protocols
- be involved in project development & outreach strategizing, campaign planning & implementations
- work with small staff to coordinate mailings, promotions, and assist with event logistics and coordination
Media Manager for U.S. Green Building Council in Washington, DC
This role will support the work of the Director of Communications and the broader PR & Communications team to develop and execute national and regional media strategies for GBCI. Playing a strong role in the day-to-day management of media outreach, response to incoming requests and strategic relationship development with members of the press, this role will advance the public relations agenda and elevate the public profile of GBCI, its products and brands.
- Develop and facilitate a concerted national and regional media strategy for GBCI in consultation with the Director of Communications and Communications Manager.
- Respond to incoming media requests, coordinating subject matter expert availability and fact checking to meet reporter deadlines.
- Seek and pursue media opportunities in line with themes and GBCI products.
- Oversee/execute media outreach efforts for coordinated campaigns, announcements and events.
Media & Technology Assistant for Minneapolis Institute of Art in Minneapolis, MN
Deadline: December 31, 2015
- College degree or equivalent experience demonstrating abilities in administrative responsibilities, project coordination, web/multimedia, and technical support.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Windows OS, Mac OS, and popular web browsers.
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member on multiple and ongoing projects.
- Web/multimedia and technical support experience preferred.
- Additional preferred skills/knowledge: familiarity with content management systems, web architecture, user experience, HTML/CSS, SQL, PHP, analytics, email marketing software, and Adobe Creative Cloud, knowledge of modern technologies and emerging platforms.
Communication Specialist for UNICEF in Goma, Congo
Deadline: December 22, 2015
Deputy Program Direct- Independent Media in MENA Program in Turkey
Deadline: January 1, 2015
Internews Network is seeking a Deputy Program Director for a potential U.S. State Department-funded program to support the independent media sector in the MENA region. Program objectives include increasing the capacity of media outlets to generate reliable, accurate, and balanced reporting on local, national, and international issues; building the capacity of media outlets to encourage inclusive and tolerant dialogue, promote coexistence, and provide alternatives to conflict; and working to maintain and build the audience share of selected media outlets among target communities. The Deputy Program Director will provide technical guidance and oversight in the areas of media capacity building and production support, and will be responsible for managing a team of media development consultants and experts. He/she will support the Program Director as needed in strategic program guidance, community and beneficiary relations, and establishing strong partnerships with donor representatives. The position will be based in Turkey.
Creative Unit Manager for Greenpeace in Philippines
Deadline: December 24, 2015
This position may be right for you if you are a problem solver and an information architect, and you have the ability to cultivate strategic minds to help articulate our messages to identified audiences. You can translate concepts into identity and create content that allows breakthrough engagement. You are an energizing person, not only with your work but with your attitude and style. You have the ability to draw people together to share in ideas, and you are about being part of something as great as the world you want to see.
This is a full-time position based in Southeast Asia, with a permanent contract.