Jobs Around the World: January 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We merely aggregate these job postings. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks!
Communications Specialist for Engility Corp. in Mogadishu, Somalia
- Developing and overseeing the documentation of all program activities including success stories, press releases, and marketing materials;
- Regularly communicating the project’s activities and impacts to USAID, IRG headquarters and various stakeholders;
- Ensuring project’s compliance with USAID rules and regulations and with GEEL’s Branding and Marking Plan;
- Working with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist to support information collection from various project activities;
Editor/Proofreader at Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa, in Kampala
- Contribute to the drafting of a number of SIHA annual publications
- Edit, review and supervise the quality assurance of all SIHA published work
- Ensure content, spelling, punctuation and accuracy of all print material
- Confirm that revised proofs are correct and changes have been made and that text and diagrams are positioned correctly and page numbers are in the proper order
Deadline: Feb. 29, 2016
Content Writer for the World Food Program in Rome
· Convert technical, corporate information into clear and accessible copy;
· Edit/proof-read material submitted to re-write as necessary;
· Update content using content management systems including the LifeRay content management system, and Drupal 8 in future (training will be given but familiarity with CMS is critical);
Deadline: Feb. 1, 2016
Capacity Development and Communications Specialist for the International Potato Center in Dar-es-Salaam
· Develop and implement a capacity development plan for the project;
· Work closely with the Regional Seed Systems Coordinator and seed systems experts to develop training manuals on priority areas along the value chain for the crops, and implement training programs in the two target countries;
· Work closely with selected training institutions (national, NGOs, CBOs and private sector) to ensure capacity to produce and consume biofortified crops is strengthened
Deadline: Feb. 5, 2016
Humanitarian News Managing Editor for Internews Network in Serbia
- Lead a team of full-time staff and freelancers;
- Establish and maintain contacts with all relevant partners;
- Ensure timely financial and narrative reporting to the Project Director, Internews HQ and its donors;
- Liaise with staff of partner organizations to ensure optimal data sharing;
Vice President for Communications and Development at Physicians for Reproductive Health in New York
- Provides dynamic leadership in the design, implementation and evaluation of short and long-term strategies that increase fundraising capacity, thereby helping to ensure the achievement of organizational strategic objectives.
- Directs strategy development, instituting measurable goals and objectives, program implementation, and evaluation.
- Creates and implements an integrated strategic communications plan to advance Physicians brand identity, broaden national awareness of our programs and priorities, and increases the visibility of our programs across all stakeholders (donors, media, policy makers) and channels.
- Increases the organization’s visibility on both traditional and online outlets.
Deadline: Open until filled
Communications Specialist for Habitat for Humanity in Nairobi
- Build and maintain relationships with key social and traditional media seeking and gaining opportunities to place information about HFH to gain wider awareness and understanding of our work.
- Work with National Directors and their staff, program managers in identifying and writing/developing stories and content that can be used and placed both inside and outside of the area’s media as well as in HFH publications, sector publications, industry conferences and social media channels, with a focus on market development.
Director of Communications at the International Women’s Health Coalition in New York
- Ensure IWHC’s proactive presence and reach in U.S. and international media and encourage and shape media coverage of IWHC’s issues; keep abreast of breaking news directly affecting IWHC’s mission and strategize for timely responses; position President and other IWHC staff as expert resources.
- In consultation with IWHC’s Program staff, develop with IWHC’s partners joint communications products that showcase their work – including publications, blogs, video and audio; as appropriate, advise and coach partners on their own communications challenges and needs.
- Write or oversee the production of all IWHC communication (including reports, speeches, journal articles, blogs, tweets/FB, op-eds, letters to the editor, annual report, and e-mail alerts) and manage development of other materials such as videos.
Senior Editor at Video Volunteers in Goa, India
- Conceptualize and produce special videos on human rights issues in line with VV’s social change agenda, thereby increasing the likelihood that VV videos will be picked up by the mainstream media. These will be campaign videos, promos, CC profiles, mini-documentaries and many others, decided with the campaigns and impacts teams in VV and finalized at the monthly communications meetings.
- Create new video templates, treatment plans and promos to create greater variety in the VV videos.
- Occasionally provide guidance to junior editors and Community Correspondents who do their own edits
Deadline: Start date of Feb. 1, 2016
Copywriter for Catholic Relief Services in Baltimore, Md.
This position will require messaging/concepting at the highest level, while also producing copy at the execution level. At the same time, he/she will direct art directors, web specialists and other copywriters. A comfort with presenting the idea with a strategic story is essential. A desire to help support our life-saving work overseas and making the world a better place will round out the perfect candidate.