Jobs Around the World: February 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We merely aggregate these job postings. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks!
Communications Manager for Physicians for Reproductive Health in New York
- Working with Leadership Training Academy Fellows to ensure placement in Media.
- Conducting media scans for the entire organization.
- Overseeing social media.
- Supporting the Senior Director of Communications with editing, proofreading, and media pitches.
- Supporting all division editing and proofreading needs as assigned.
Deadline:Accepting applications until filled.
Maternity Cover: Advocacy and Communications Advisor for International Alert in DRC
The Advocacy and Communications Advisor leads Alert’s liaison office in Kinshasa. Working closely with the DRC Country Manager, she/he takes the lead on setting Alert DRC’s advocacy and communications strategy, producing advocacy outputs, supporting colleagues to develop and implement advocacy outputs and activities, networking on a regular basis with key policy-makers and donors in Kinshasa, collecting and analyzing information relevant to political developments in the country, and identifying opportunities for collaboration with peer organizations and partners in order to shape and influence institutional policies and practices.
Deadline: February 24, 2016.
Communications Associate for Food Recovery Network in College Park, MD
- Develop and refine FRN’s communication strategy.
- Maintain and grow FRN’s social media presence and staying abreast of new social media platforms.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting.
- Coordinate digital fundraising and outreach campaigns
- Further develop FRN’s brand through graphic design.
Deadline:April 8, 2016
Media Relations Specialist for The Humane League in Washington, DC
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in local, national, and global media outlets across print, broadcast and online platforms
- Coordinate all media relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new media contactsManage media inquiries and interview requests
- Develop media lists pertaining to national and international campaigns, local grassroots outreach, and local and national development programs within the scope of animal welfare, food, business, and philanthropy
- Draft and disseminate press releases
- Monitor and evaluate success of media outreach efforts
- Maintain knowledge of changing trends in media and animal advocacy sectors
Head of Communication for Girls Not Brides in London
The Head of Communications will be expected to deliver successful digital and news media strategies, creative input to the planning of global meetings and events, effective messaging and branding, innovative approaches to foster member collaboration, high level advice and support to colleagues, trustees, champions, and other advocates. Driven by a belief in the power of partnership, the Head of Communication will be able to engage and empower Girls Not Brides members, with humility and sensitivity. Excellent English language writing skills are essential; willingness to travel, and spoken and written French are desirable.
Deadline: March 3, 2016.
Digital Community Strategy Leader for Americans for the Arts in Washington, DC
The Marketing and Communications team at Americans for the Arts seeks a Digital Communications Strategy Manager to identify, create, and curate stories and other engaging content for the organization’s website, blog, and social media channels. This MarCom team member is a storytelling hub for the organization—working with staff across all departments to create content that engages audiences, builds new relationships, and helps stakeholders in communities across the nation better understand the transformative power of the arts. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in defining and targeting existing and potential audiences and communicating with them by email, on the web, and through social media.
Head of Digital Transformation at Save The Children
As Head of Global Digital Transformation, you will play a leadership role in helping to drive innovative strategies to improve business performance and manage risk across the global Save the Children digital footprint. You will be the primary interface between stakeholders, structuring and planning engagements, developing relationships, and managing delivery. Typical engagements will include roadmap planning, competitive landscape analysis, operational process definition, user journey creation and change management.
Deadline: February 29th, 2016.