Jobs Around the World: March 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks!
Communication Officer for WaterAid in Pakistan (1-year Fixed Contract)
You will be responsible for gathering photos, film and stories from the communities where we work, editing that content and uploading it into a digital archive for use across the organisation.
To be successful, you will have experience of editing and producing films and photos as well as story gathering. Passion for film and photography is essential, as is the desire to meet new people and find out their stories. You will also need to be fluent in English and Urdu.
Deadline: April 18, 2016
Communications Officer for Constru Casa in Antigua, Guatemala
– Help write and find content for newsletter and promotional material
– Help write and find content for the social medial and website
– Design marketing product and organisational material for the organisation
– Find and post video content
Deadline: April 15, 2016
International Director for Advocacy at Jesuit Refugee Service in Rome
- Develop JRS international policies and advocacy positions and ensure the implementation and monitoring of objectives.
- Organise technical support for JRS’ international advocacy agenda for members of the JRS International Advocacy Network in Geneva, Washington, Rome and Brussels as well as in the ten JRS regions.
- Collaborate with the International Advocacy Network in a consistent and well-articulated communication of refugee protection concerns to governments, UNHCR and other decision-making bodies.
Project Director for Internews Network in San Salvador, El Salvador
- Provide leadership, management, representational and operational oversight for Internews’ program in-country;
- Provide strategic, operational and representational assistance to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, including recommending program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track;
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries;
Deadline: Starting date about May 15, 2016
Grants and Communications Coordinator for the International Rescue Committee in Abuja, Nigeria
- Design a country program communication strategy
- Work with program sector leads to develop and produce IRC information and communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, contribution to global IRC news bulletin, and annual and sector reviews.
- Assist in training program staff on communication strategies and facilitate development of success stories, lessons learned, personal experiences (blogs), etc from field-based program staff
Deputy Executive Director for Media at Human Rights Watch in London or New York
The Deputy Executive Director for Media will direct HRW’s Communications, Multimedia, and Digital Departments to generate maximum attention and impact for the organization’s research and advocacy. He or she will oversee a large group of dedicated communications experts, all engaged in promoting and disseminating HRW’s work to traditional and social media worldwide or producing material for direct dissemination to the public. Given the need to manage an enormous array of information for different platforms, in different formats, and in multiple languages, individuals with experience in leading complex media operations are preferred.
Editor-in-chief for WorldVision in Federal Way, Wash.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic leadership, direction, and coordination of World Vision’s editorial publications, especially World Vision magazine, providing high-caliber content that educates, motivates, and affirms supporters. Oversee technical and integrity aspects of our work in the areas of editorial content, production, design, and journalism to help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies.