Jobs Around the World: May 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! ----------
Writer/Storyteller Research Manager at Families Against Mandatory Minimums in Washington, D.C.
- Identify and research potential prisoner case profiles using court documents, news articles, and correspondence with prisoners, as well as their family members and attorneys
- Write clear, compelling, and accurate prisoner case profiles to illustrate the human costs of mandatory sentencing reform, taking into account FAMM's advocacy needs
- Keep in touch with former prisoners and their loved ones to update profiles, craft "success stories" and identify spokespeople willing to speak to the media and members of Congress
Regional Content Manager/Multimedia Producer for Amnesty International in Mexico City
You are highly skilled and experienced in developing powerful cross-platform communications for a diverse range of global audiences. You are particularly accomplished at analysing and segmenting audiences, and using this knowledge to successfully engage new people. You have the passion and drive to deliver dynamic content that will bring about human rights change.
Technically speaking, you’re at home using multimedia and publishing systems and software for digital interactions, particularly audio-visual tools. But just as important are your skills at building relationships, advocating and persuading across a range of cultures and contexts.
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Manager of Development Communications for Partners in Health in Boston
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Digital Engagement, the Managing Editor and the Senior Development Director on fundraising strategy and the execution of campaigns.
- In collaboration with Development team, supervise the writing and editing of external and donor-related collateral materials, including digital and print newsletters, fundraising emails, solicitations and appeals, brochures, invitations, the annual report, and other materials, as required.
- Serve as final approval/editor on the Communications team to ensure materials align with PIH branding guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Development team, contribute to creating content of fundraising emails, print solicitations, and other donor communications.
Communications and Advocacy Director for The Violation Documentation Center in Syria in Turkey
- Fully responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating a comms/advo strategy to ensure maximum visibility for the VDC and clearly articulate the VDC’s advocacy asks as set by the VDC’s mandate, namely and for each product (reports, thematic flash reports etc…).
- Manages day to day external communication, including finalizing press releases as per editorial policy, supervising the VDC’s website and social media activity, ensuring availability of all products in Arabica and English.
- Liaising with other section chiefs, provides input for all reports on communication and advocacy angles to be included in the report.
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Editor for Management Sciences for Health in Arlington, Va.
- Perform substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading of assigned documents, including manuals, assessment reports, presentations, quarterly and annual reports, proposals, newsletters, and outreach communications materials without requiring oversight by the Senior Communications Manager. All editing work to meet USAID and HPG requirements.
- Edit and if necessary rewrite flyers, technical briefs, Web materials, journal abstracts, conference-related posters and other printed matter, visual aids, and promotional materials.
- Manage freelance editors, proofreaders, and graphic artists and oversee administrative tasks by PAC support staff.
- Draft statements of work and prepare outside service agreements.
Communications Specialist for Creative Associates International in Guatemala City
Creative Associates seeks a Communications Specialist for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Guatemala. The overall goal of the Community Roots Project is to support efforts by the Government of Guatemala, civil society, private sector and community actors to address the underlying causes of violence and migration in areas that are both a high source of migration of under-aged Guatemalans and characterized by a high level of violence.
Regional Communications Specialist for the International Potato Center in Nairobi, Kenya
• Support the development and implementation of the CIP communication strategy
• Coordinate communication efforts for Strategic Objectives across all SSA countries.
• Coordinate promotion of CIP crops (potato and sweetpotato), particularly among donors and decision makers.
• Supervise online content for CIP websites
Deadline: May 24, 2016
Communications Associate for PATH in Hanoi
- Support the communications strategy for PATH's program in Vietnam that includes printed material, web-based information, and prioritization of meeting and conference presentation/attendance;
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of information on PATH's work in Vietnam to external audiences;
- Review and update information from Vietnam on PATH's internal and external websites;
- Work with project teams to prepare and/or review donor and technical reports and other documentation in English, including correspondence;
Video Editor for Habitat for Humanity in Atlanta
Working with producers, photographers and department director, you will bring professional experience and technical expertise to offer creative solutions that meet our production goals. In addition, you will be required to work independently to produce, edit and fulfill projects for internal and external clients. Projects range from branding/marketing videos, PSAs and social media content to donor-facing projects and the creative use of visual media to convey Habitat's communication initiatives. In this role, you will be expected to demonstrate initiative, organization, problem-solving skills and teamwork.