Jobs Around the World: July 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! Photographer/Photo Editor for the U.N. Relief and Works Agency in East Jerusalem
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a standardized UNRWA metadata system for films and photographsincluding a unified captioning, keywording and tagging (IPTC) strategy for all photographs in the UNRWA archive (i.e. user guidelines) in coordination with the Photo Librarian in Gaza;
- Develop defined quality standards for all photographs entered into the UNRWA archives;
- Develop and implement an appropriate digital image management workflow and internal quality control process, in coordination with the Photo Librarian in Gaza, including the implementation of standardized metadata
Deadline: July 31, 2016
Content Producer/Storyteller for CMMB in New York
> Deepen understanding of our work with various audiences, translating our strategy and programs into powerful copy and stories that drive particular desired actions
> Manage content development for integrated fundraising and marketing campaigns
> Write both short-form and long-form pieces for our website, email, annual report, newsletters and social media
Program Communications Manager for Christian Aid in Flexible Location
Responsible for the development and execution of strategic programme communications, with oversight of communications activities and budget across a portfolio of large donor funded programmes. The Programme Communications Manager provides central strategic and hands-on marketing communications support to assist programme teams to develop local marketing and visibility plans, assisting them, as appropriate, in the development of local collateral and activities which are consistent with the Christian Aid brand.
Deadline: August 7, 2016
Content Manager for Oxfam in The Hague, Oxford or Barcelona
- Develop with content colleagues from across the world a global content strategy that maximizes Oxfam’s ability to engage supporters in various markets;
- Develop specific content gathering plans and creative concepts that underpin Oxfam’s global campaign, humanitarian and fundraising actions;
- Update and manage Global Content Standards, including child protection, safe guarding standards etc;
- Coordinate content-gathering efforts in a rapid onset emergency that can be used by all markets in fundraising communications in the first hours;
Deadline: August 7, 2016
Communications Officer for the Asian University for Women Support Foundation in Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Spearhead communications initiatives to capture and convey on-the-ground University events, student accomplishments, and alumnae activities
- Create content in various formats (case studies, articles, press releases, etc)
- Manage AUW website and media relations
Social Media Officer for Pathfinder International in Watertown, MA
- Contribute to the development of a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages followers and supporters to take action
- Create and manage an editorial calendar
Digital Content Manager for Ashoka Changemakers in Arlington, Va.
- Design and implement digital content and social media strategy for campaigns that spotlight extraordinary solutions and activate global networks of innovators working towards solving the world’s most pressing problems.
- Determine how content strategy can support the wider goals of engagements. Pinpoint target audiences, how best to reach those audiences across a variety of media platforms and content types, and what type of conversion is desired.
- Produce and guide the development of high-quality content in close collaboration with a team of writers, graphic, video and website designers, and the broader engagement team of network activators and knowledge managers.
Director of Global Communications for mothers2mothers in Cape Town
- Develop and manage the Communications Department Work Plan
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of communications functions including budgeting, planning, and staff development
- Oversee development of collateral marketing materials and digital communications
- Develop, maintain and monitor organisational branding and marking policy