Jobs Around the World: January 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks!
Storytelling Fellow with Mali Health in Bamako
Deadline: March 1, 2017
Develop an in-depth knowledge of all Mali Health programs and the communities we serve
Lead communication tasks, including collecting and creating content for social media, blog posts, etc.
Train and support staff in collecting and communicating stories
Collect content to build a story library
Communications and Marketing Manager for Habitat for Humanity in Hong Kong
– Develop and execute campaigns and communications strategies that support the Habitat for Humanity brand locally while aligning to the HFH-HK’s strategic and annual plans.
– Leverage various media (online, print, TV, radio, etc.) to build scale and to increase visibility and support from donors and volunteers (i.e. individuals, corporate, government, etc.).
– Build positive brand profile by generating content and media coverage and manage all external communications and public engagement activities, ensuring strategic brand alignment and message consistency.
Marketing and Communications Director for The Global Fund for Children in Washington, D.C.
Develop and implement both operational and strategic plans for GFC’s marketing, branding, and public relations, with the following goals: to improve and expand GFC’s donor outreach; to build, refine, and strengthen the GFC brand; to increase visibility and awareness of GFC’s priorities and programs; and to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with external audiences, including the media and corporate partners.
Regional Media and Communications Officer for the International Organization for Migration in Bangkok
Deadline: January 30, 2017
- Assist the Regional Director in managing the Regional Office’s communication activities, including in leading the formulation and implementation of an external outreach and communications strategy to raise awareness of IOM and its work, and to promote an accurate narrative on migration in the media, among the UN and other key IOM partners based in Bangkok and in the region as well as among the general public.
- Contribute to the Regional Office’s overall efforts on advocacy, liaison and communication work with/to the UN and other agencies based in Bangkok and in the region, including by participating in the meetings and joint initiatives of the United Nations Communications Group in Bangkok, and engaging in partnerships with the UN agencies, national and international organizations, as well as media outlets and think-tank organizations based in Bangkok and in the region in the field of communications.
Development and Communications Associate for myAgro in Thies, Senegal
To be successful in this role, you must be an excellent writer, with prior professional experience in a similar role and compelling examples of the work you have done previously. You must have photography skills to help capture stories of the myAgro model and impact. This is a newly created position, and requires a self-starting person who is not afraid to ask questions, and shows determination to power through unforeseen challenges.
Content Creator for the Center for Community Change in Washington, D.C.
– Create multiplatform stories in video, audio, photography or graphic design content, for publication in media sites or sharing on CCC, CCCA or partner social channels.
– Work with key CCC teams and stakeholders to tell the story of CCC’s work and its impact
– Manage a virtual team of Communications Fellows made up of writers, photographers, videographers, social media managers and other content creators who tell the successes and challenges of low-income families.
Communications and Campaigns Officer for ASEAN Parliamentarians for Human Rights in Bangkok
Deadline: January 27, 2017
- Work with the Research and Advocacy Director, Program Manager, and other staff members to develop and deliver successful campaigns and advocacy initiatives, strengthening the voice and reach of regional parliamentarians supporting human rights;
- In collaboration with the Research and Advocacy Director, draft, edit, and proofread press releases, op-eds, and other advocacy materials targeted at regional and international media;
- Support the Research and Advocacy Director in developing messaging around key regional human rights issues and policy initiatives, working across a variety of media platforms to maximize reach and impact;
Manager of Strategic Communications for Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti in Pittsburgh or Remote Work
The Manager of Strategic Communications is a full-time position primarily responsible for researching, writing, and submitting grant proposals and grant stewardship/impact reports to private, community, and corporate foundations and to organizations, such as local Rotary clubs and churches, on deadline and as assigned by the CDO. The Manager will partner with front-line fundraising staff on relationship management, and also with staff based in Haiti to ensure cohesive and timely reporting.