Jobs Around the World: February 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks!
Director of Communications for Palladium in Rwanda
Deadline: May 31, 2017
- Oversees communications for project activities, and represents the project to USAID, stakeholders and public
- Develops and drives project’s communications strategy and messages, as well as pitch strategies
- Develops compliant reports and publications such as project deliverables, newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments
- Supports development of behaviour change communication materials through multiple channels including video, radio, advertisements, information campaigns and social media.
- Master’s degree in public relations, communications, or related field, or a Bachelor’s degree with more than 10 years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in Kinyarwanda and English
Campaigns & Communications Officer for Aga Khan Foundation in Nairobi,Kenya
Deadline: February 24, 2017
- Develop and implement a branding and communications strategy for the Yetu Initiative;
- Develop communications and marketing materials, including: social media messages, advertisements, publications, presentations, videos and best practice case studies to support the communications strategy and enhance partner engagement;
- Provide support to CSOs for the development and implementation of fundraising campaigns; involves managing relationships with a diverse range of partners.
- Grow the Yetu community of Practice by maintaining consistent outreach and social media presence for the Initiative.
- Work with the MERL(Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning) officer to conduct focus groups, surveys, market research, and to document learnings of the project
- Carry out media outreach to promote coverage of Yetu and CSO partners’ activities.
- Develop and implement online and digital outreach strategies for the Yetu Initiative E-Philanthropy and E-learning platforms.
Communications Officer for Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection in Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: March 12, 2017
- Produce engaging web and print communication material for all programs and services of the association
- Coordinate implementation of the association’s social media strategy
- Plan and produce association newsletters and other e-publications
- Coordinate editing and publication of member-contributed material
- Organize PHAP presence at selected external events
- Further develop the association’s communications strategy together with the Executive Director and Platforms and Services Manager
Advocacy and Communications Officer for Orange in the Syrian Arab Republic
Deadline: February 23, 2017
- Work with both the Advocacy Manage in Gaziantep and Director inside, training Teams and the IT team to collect high quality blogs/Vlogs, success stories, photographs and video footage for communications and advocacy purposes, as outlined in Orange Media Guidelines and as per the needs of the Syria team.
- Proactively identify new content for stories/blogs/Vlogs, sharing ideas for new content with the Advocacy and Communications Manager.
- Maintain effective filing system of communications materials.
- Supporting the training team in taking videos and photos, and producing high quality materials.
- Supporting in advertising of Orange ones.
- Complete weekly reports to the line manager, to report on work carried out in the previous week.
- Any other duties as outlined by the line manager.
Media & Communication Coordinator for Qatar Red Crescent Society in Beirut, Lebanon
Deadline: February 20, 2017
- Design and implement a comprehensive and effective media strategy for QRCS Lebanon Delegation.
- Secure up-to-date, precise and positive media coverage and communication of QRCS Delegation activities in Lebanon
- Perpetually look for opportunities to publish relevant articles on QRCS in blogs, relevant social media networks and agencies.
- Revise and sign off all media content related to the projects implemented by QRCS Delegation in Lebanon.
- Set up mechanisms to promptly deal with media agencies’ inquiries.
- Build strong professional relationships with a wide range of local and international journalists and news agencies.
- Document QRCS projects based on advance agreements with the donors, co-funders and implementing partners.
Social Media/Communications Manager for 340BHealth in Washington, DC
- Drive the association’s social media advocacy messaging and campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Research and introduce new social and other new media tools and processes to the organization
- Oversee website updates and identify needed improvements
- Coordinate production of the association’s electronic newsletters and email broadcasts
- Assist in communications planning, outreach, research and writing
- Manage member online community and grow engagement
- Gather and distribute daily news and relevant social media postings digest to staff
Development and Communications Associate for Reel Works Teen Filmmaking in Brooklyn, New York
- Assist Executive Director in all aspects of operations.
- Event management – including annual gala, donor events, house parties, screenings and other cultivation events throughout the year.
- Grants – Work with a professional grant writer to research, draft, prepare budgets and reports for a full calendar of foundation, corporate and government grants.
- Corporate Media Council – Support year-round efforts to engage existing membership and cultivate and engage prospects for new corporate sponsorships.
- Individual Cultivation – Research, cultivate and support year-round efforts to engage and grow base of individual donors.
- Communications & Public Relations – Draft press releases and manage efforts or our PR firm to secure press and promotion of activities year-round; manage social media platforms; maintain website; create regular online newsletters.
Director of Communications for Common Sense Media in San Francisco, California
- Play a leading role in the department’s media relations efforts, including developing storylines and pitching targeted reporters, especially regarding the consumer platform for Common Sense Media.
- Assist with the development of press and communications plans related to organizational initiatives and announcements.
- Write organizational press releases, blog posts, and public statements.
- Potentially serve as organizational spokesperson for print, radio, television, and other external events.
- Consult on content including videos, blog posts, advice columns, newsletters and other content pieces that Common Sense shares with external audiences
- Consult and prepare executive staff for appearances at key conferences, seminars, and other speaking engagements across the country
- Support the department’s effort to communicate consistently by updating talking points and other key press materials for spokespeople
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Communications and Strategic Programs
We hope you enjoyed this month’s “Jobs Around the World.” Last month we also shared a post by Thomas Patterson of Mercy Corps on how he hires photographers and our founder Laura Pohl talked about what she did when photography alone couldn’t pay the bills. Go check them out!