Jobs Around the World: March 2017
Director of Communications for Fundación Capital in Bogota Deadline: April 10, 2017
• Communication Strategy & Branding: develop, adjust and implement a global communications strategy that brings a distinctive presence to FundaK; advance the company's brand and supervise the implementation of branding guidelines; develop organizational messaging, building on a recent update. •Networking: build and maintain partnerships with current and future donors (particularly foundations from the Anglo-American sphere), clients such as governments and private companies, and the media; help raise funds; promote and represent the organization in public forums and events.
Communications Assistant for the Consortium for Development Policy Research in Lahore
Deadline: March 31, 2017
• Assist with regular planning of communications outputs • Assist with communications performance reports • Maintain CDPR website • Manage CDPR social media accounts • Assist managing blog
Associate Editor for the American Friends Service Committee in Philadelphia
Deadline: April 4, 2017
• Serve as the Communications Department’s primary liaison to regional staff. Track requests for support from AFSC’s eight regions and Quaker United Nations Office and ensure that requests are handled in a timely and constructive way. Ensure regional communicators receive resources, updates on communications plans, and opportunities for collaboration, training, mentorship, and coaching. • Write, edit, and proofread a variety of online and print communications, such as email newsletters, press releases, op-eds, feature articles, blog posts, program resources, action alerts, talking points, and fundraising communications. Create and adapt content to follow the best practices for the intended medium.
Communications Manager for Phare Ponleu Selpak in Battambang, Cambodia
• Developing and implementing a global communication strategy in accordance with PPSA's 5 year strategic plan • Managing and creating content for on PPSA social networks, blog and website •Overseeing and creating content for PPSA communication tools (flyers, posters etc.) • Working with the graphic designer to create consistent image and branding across all communications
Regional Media and Public Information Officer for the International Organization for Migration in Cairo
Deadline: March 26, 2017
The successful candidate will support and assist with the development and implementation of public information activities in the region, and provide technical assistance to the Field Offices to uphold professional standards in public information.
Associate Director for Editorial and Content at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore
• Directly manage writing and editing support for the School’s website and print publications. • Lead content development of major communications, marketing and development projects, as well as, strategic events and symposia at the School. Directly supervise senior writer and the web writer, including development, recruitment, retention and performance reviews and assessments, as well as, hire/fire and related responsibilities. • Serve as managing editor for Hopkins Bloomberg Public Health magazine; deliver 3 issues of the magazine per year on time.
Head of Global Media at Save the Children in London
Deadline: March 29, 2017
You will lead the development and delivery of a global media strategy, across different media platforms. You will oversee the development of world-class media products and work with media officers around the globe and Save the Children International communications teams to generate and disseminate material to support media markets.
Graphic Information Officer for MacFadden in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: April 7, 2017
• Conceptualize and develop infographics and other visual representations that effectively communicate USAID/FFP's work to public and internal U.S. Government audiences. • Conceptualize and develop design solutions and templates for a wide variety of projects, including internal and external information products, multimedia and print media materials, the USAID/FFP annual report, conference and event materials, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, exhibit/signage materials, online products, and USAID/FFP-related content on the USAID website.
Chief of Party for Internews in Juba, South Sudan
Deadline: April 7, 2017
- Provide overall management, vision and direction of program, including budget management, technical oversight and quality assurance.
- Guide and advise program teams who manage up to nine community radio stations, innovative communication projects in IDP camps and POC sites throughout the country, business and leadership development, and various activities of local partners.
- Manage up to 200 national and international staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Managing Editor for Voice of Witness based remotely
Deadline: April 7, 2017
• Serve as a liaison between executive editor and authors, publisher, and others involved in book production and design. • Collaborate with ED to generate yearly/project budgets and maintain them in an orderly fashion • Work with authors and executive editor to develop editorial scope, structure, and style of each project. • Create and manage project workflow and schedules for research, interviewing, transcription, editing, fact checking, and production.