Jobs Around the World: May 2017
Visual Communications and Outreach Specialist at the Public Health Institute in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: Open until filled
- Create relevant technical content including articles, blogs, Photo Stories, and other material used to communicate GHFP-II’s efforts to develop a diverse GH workforce, and share our participant’s (Fellows and Interns) stories.
- Support the development of print and virtual materials for outreach and key stakeholder/partner activities, including: major conferences, career fairs, on-campus informational sessions, webinars, etc. Materials include, but are not limited to, email summaries of recent events, newsletters, blogs, photo albums, infographics, and advertisements.
Head of Communications for ECPAT in Bangkok
Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Head of Communications will be responsible for designing, managing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring an integrated internal and external communications, public relations, and branding strategy for ECPAT International. The objective is to promote awareness, understanding and support for ECPAT’s mission and priority areas of work aimed at ending the sexual exploitation of children.
Writer/Editor for Partners in Health in Boston
• Work with PIH staff at country sites and in the Boston office to identify and develop story ideas and turn them into compelling pieces.
• Write interesting and jargon-free articles, profiles, and news stories that inform and engage PIH constituencies, including supporters, the general public, and health care professionals.
• Gather, edit, and package information from PIH staff into content for our website, social media platforms, and other Communications and Development materials that is appropriate and appealing to a general audience.
Communications Associate for Mayan Families in Panajachel, Guatemala
Deadline: June 2, 2017
● Create digital and multimedia assets, including videos, photos, and graphics
● Implement social media strategy across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube on a daily basis
● Assist with email marketing, including preparing the monthly newsletter and email segmentation strategy
Head of Media for Sightsavers in Haywards Heath, UK
Deadline: June 4, 2017
The ideal candidate will have excellent ability to identify new angles on campaigning and fundraising activities with strong experience of working with UK and global media outlets. You will demonstrate significant experience of securing media coverage around policy and consumer campaigns and the ability to place international/development stories in the consumer, national and international media.
Senior Communications Officer for ICAP at Columbia University in New York
• Develop, guide and provide oversight for the project branding strategy, including appropriate ICAP, partner and donor acknowledgment. Serve as the project brand expert, ensuring proper branding and marking of all project materials.
• Conceptualize, write and distribute project materials, including briefs, success stories and news stories about the PHIA Project. Independently manage an editorial calendar for the PHIA Project.
Communications Manager for Rubicon Programs in Richmond, Calif.
We’re looking for someone with top-notch writing and editing skills, and demonstrated experience initiating, managing, and completing complex projects with minimal oversight. A strong eye for design, and/or experience in graphic design, photography, video, or radio/podcast is a plus. These skills come together to create a variety of publications for Rubicon that currently include our annual report, blog, social media, and a wide variety of marketing materials.
Creative Marketing Partner for The New Earth Works in Bali
Deadline: May 31, 2017
We are looking for a very special person who understands the importance of this work – giving people the opportunity to look beyond our money-driven consumer lifestyle to seek new directions in their life based on passion, meaning and a future based on our good human skills, positive energy and so much more. They should have some serious previous marketing experience, an interest or previous experience in the arts and/or social transformation and a complete commitment to the power of people to create a better world for all of us.
Communications Officer for the World Food Program in Johannesburg
Deadline: May 31, 2017
- You will develop and coordinate the implementation of regional communication, advocacy and outreach strategies/plans/campaigns, including setting clear goals and objectives, defining key tasks, messaging, audience targeting and analysis
- You will help ensure that WFP’s branding and public messaging about its mandate and programmes is consistent across the region and reflects corporate communications and advocacy priorities, adapted appropriately to the regional context
- Your will help sustain and increase public awareness of hunger and malnutrition and WFP’s work in Southern Africa by promoting media coverage at national, regional and global levels, to a wide range of targeted audiences.