Jobs Around the World: October 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you!
Director of Communication for Palladium in Cairo, Egypt
Deadline: January 19, 2018
The Director of Communications will lead the implementation of the communications plan and related project communications tools, and disseminate these to inform key audiences as well as the client of project progress and successes. Duration: 5 years Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Oversees communications for project activities, and represents the project to USAID, stakeholders and public
- Develops and drives project's communications strategy and messages, as well as pitch strategies
- Manages internal communications and external media relations including communications firms and partner organizations
- Master's degree in public relations, communications, or related field, or a Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in Arabic and English
- Prior experience in communications for donor funded projects; USAID experience is a plus
Multimedia Producer for Médecins Sans Frontières in Brussels, Belgium
Deadline: November 5, 2017
The Multimedia Producer will work mainly on video production, collaborating closely with the Graphic Designer to develop strong visual stories about contexts where MSF works and its beneficiaries. He/she will firstly be a video editor with strong skills and experience but must be able to film in HQ (studio) or in the field (complex environments), manage interview in both French and English and take photos.
- Edit video footage to create video stories in English and French
- Participate to creation of multimedia content (from concept to final export)
- Travel to MSF projects worldwide to film (twice a year)
- Organize and maintain video workflow
- Ensure proper archiving on MSF Media database
- Advise and produce multimedia content for internal communication (videos for training, presentation, events…)
- Provide support for media trainings arranged in-house
- Fluency in English and French (other language is an asset)
Digital Channel Manager for Oxfam GB in Oxford, England
Deadline: November 12,2017
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer, who is passionate, confident and capable person to join our existing team. Advanced digital skills are a must as well an aspiration for best practice digital marketing to deliver to specific business objectives. You will have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to respond quickly to changing needs, priorities, and timelines. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, flexible and great at managing stakeholders, who is able to strike a good balance between being strategic, tactical & innovative. A forward-thinking mindset and a resourceful, driven approach to work are all essential for this role.
Communications and Marketing Director for Pathfinder International in Washington, DC
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Pathfinder International is seeking a seasoned strategic leader of communication and marketing teams. A proven communication strategy for Pathfinder is to bring compelling stories from the field and position the organization as a leader of a global agenda.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in an area of business or communications as well as strong writing and exceptional public speaking skills
- Marketing and Communications Principles and Practices: Mastery of knowledge of applying standards, guidelines, and best practices to marketing and communications efforts
- Design and Print Production: Mastery of knowledge of design process and print production
- Communications Tools: Mastery of knowledge of online and new media communications tools
- 10 years’ professional communication and strategic marketing experience with progressive management and leadership, preferably in international health
- Experience speaking to the press and other media
- International and domestic travel required (at least 20%)Flexibility to support an international work schedule allowing for scheduled early morning or late calls overseas
Media & Communications Manager for Transparency International Berlin, Germany
Deadline: October 22, 2017
Transparency International is seeking a Media & Communications Manager who will ensure timely and clear communication of Transparency International’s positions and messaging to external and internal audiences.
- Develop communications strategies and media relations for global and regional/programmatic work within the framework of the TI Strategy 2020
- Participate in the editorial committee by reviewing major TI publications
- Identify opportunities to convey TI’s messages and impact to new and existing audiences, including through social media and mini campaigns
- Produce editorial content for media and the TI website, such as press releases, web features, blog posts, opinion pieces
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in communications in an international or media organisation
- Advanced ability to communicate using social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and integrate social media into advocacy planning
Communications Manager for International Rescue Committee in New York, NY
Deadline: December 24, 2017
The U.S. Programs Communications Manager will execute communications strategies positioning the IRC as the thought and practice leader of the humanitarian sector, as it relates to refugee resettlement and protection in the U.S.. He/she will support the USP Communications Officer and Global Communications Director in proactive and reactive communications work on the global refugee crisis and refugee resettlement in the US, as well as support executive communications including the U.S. Programs VP and SVP. This position is based at the IRC's headquarters in New York.
Regional Communications Coordinator for Asia for Educo
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Regional Communication Coordinator will develop and deliver strategic communication work to support organizational objectives at the countries, regional and global level.
- Implement a regional media strategy aligned to countries communication strategies, strategic plans and programs.
- Analyze the regional and countries media landscape, detect media opportunities and build strong relationship with them at regional and international levels.
- Media monitoring at both countries and regional level.
- Create content related to EDUCO’s issues and campaigns and communication messages for each audience, reinforcing our approach to children’s rights.
- Master degree in communications. Other backgrounds will be considered if accompanied by adequate job experience.
- Fluency in English; Spanish and French a plus.
- Knowledge of social, economic and political context of the region.
- Availability to travel frequently within the Asia region.
Digital Content Coordinator for Institute of International Education in New York, New York.
Deadline: October 31, 2017
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for crafting and executing the organization's digital growth, content and engagement strategies across multiple online platforms and audiences. The position requires a deep understanding of how to create engaging content for various online audiences and effectively measure the impact of activities. This individual will be responsible for developing effective strategies and content for increasing engagement of current digital audiences and will also develop and maintain new audiences and technologies. This position manages two people and has direct responsibility for the strategy and content development for all digital channels, social media platforms and the web.
- Oversees the digital strategy and content development of the organization’s digital properties, including social media and website so that it aligns with the overall mission of the organization. Develops and ensure execution of strategic plans and content to drive audience growth and engagement across all digital platforms. Measures and drives continual improvement of the digital experience. Develops digital content department annual plan, sets and measures targets, and reviews and adjusts implementation accordingly.
- Manages team of web and social media content development analysts to build the digital strategy and content of the IIE and program website. This includes direct supervision, performance reviews and evaluations.
- Manages corporate website strategy, content. Aggregates and curates content from across IIE and trains team members in effective content communications.
- Identifies and implements new ways of story-telling that utilizes and integrates social media to connect with audiences.
Digital Content Advocacy Coordinator for CARE USA in Washington, DC.
Deadline: October 27, 2017
CARE USA is seeking a Digital Content Advocacy Coordinator to be primary producer of advocacy-focused digital content. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about CARE's mission with a proven ability to craft multimedia digital content that drives public advocacy action. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, able to collaborate across teams in-person and remotely. The ideal candidate must be a superb writer for web and social media, be able to create and curate written, photo and video content for publication, and bring to CARE knowledge and creativity that enables successful work in the digital advocacy space.
- Plan and produce web and social media content that supports CARE's advocacy objectives
- Support CARE's Community Engagement Objectives
- Support Overall Advocacy Communication
- Support overall Digital Engagement team objectives
We hope you enjoyed this month’s “Jobs Around the World” post! Earlier this month we interviewed the comms team at Terre des Hommes on their web documentary showcasing their work with refugees in Iraq. Check it out to see some some real nonprofit storytelling in action!