Jobs Around the World: January 2018
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you! Creative Associate at the Syrian American Medical Society in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Takes the lead in designing and formatting resources and materials including;
- Print graphics such as brochures, print ads, flyers and posters
- Digital graphics such as web based graphics, email graphics, and social media graphics
- Video graphics such as motion graphics
- Assists in managing and updating the SAMS website backend
- Assists in SAMS social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram content creation and management
--------------- Content and Brand Manager for Shelterbox in Truro, London or home-based
• This role will oversee the gathering, managing and sharing of great written, photographical and film content (briefing, creating and editing). • Developing and implementing a content strategy that seeks to increase the frequency, quality and variety of raw case studies, photographs, video and other content from around the world. Also supporting bespoke requests to increase awareness and support amongst specific audiences/stakeholders.
Video Producer for Catholic Relief Services in Baltimore, Md.
The ideal candidate will first and foremost have the people skills to work with our internal clients at the intake stage, ensuring that briefs are created and scope of project properly identified. Then the ability to get the contracts and invoicing in the CRS system. Last, he/she will have the experience in video execution to support our camera and post production talent in getting project done.
Marketing Coordinator for Days for Girls East Africa in Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: January 30, 2018
The Marketing Coordinator will serve two primary functions: 1) to support national and regional marketing activities to increase sales of washable pads (DfG Kits) and raise the brand profile of Days for Girls, and 2) to facilitate improved marketing practices among our women-led community Enterprises through resource development and training.
Online Media Director for ACDI-VOCA in Washington, D.C.
Primary activities include but are not limited to: plan and execute effective web outreach, promotion, information dissemination, and recruitment; lead content update and system maintenance efforts, as well as website upgrades; work with the C&O team to identify, develop, and execute digital campaigns; add photos, video, and special features for appeal and functionality.
Communications Officer (Zika Project) for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Panama
Deadline: January 26, 2018
- Support and coordinate the implementation of IFRC communication strategy and action plan in support to Zika CAZ Project and National Societies involved, with a view of proactively addressing key issues of the operation.
- Ensure the provision of quality material in a planned way, and coordinate on relevant communication activities as required in the communication strategy and action plan for Zika. That includes media products, advocacy pack, audiovisual materials (films, b-roll, photos…), web stories, case studies, short films for social media, keep the website update, etc.
- Facilitate and coordinate for communication capacity-building activities in support to the Nationals Societies.
Regional Multimedia Manager for the International Rescue Committee in Milan, London, or Athens
- Create innovative digital content for Refugee.Info online channels, optimized to perform well on different social media platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram).
- Work with the Social Media Technical Specialist to implement and continually revise the Refugee.Info social media strategy.
- Work with the Editorial Technical Specialist to implement and feed into the Refugee.Info content strategy.
- Work with refugees across Europe to create video content and coach them to create their own content.
Senior Communications Manager for the Fistula Foundation in San Jose, California
·Create, implement, and manage communications strategies across diverse channels, including in-house video creation, email outreach, annual reports, newsletters, and social media ·Innovate and redesign the Fistula Foundation website ·Lead a dedicated communications team ·Engage effectively with teammates and consultants to thoughtfully plan an annual calendar and execute several successful campaigns
Information Officer - Earth Journalism Network for Internews in Bangkok
- Manage the development, operations and administration of digital and online media work within the EJN portfolio, including the continued development and system administration of earthjournalism.net and our GeoJournalism platforms;
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of EJN activities, including the gathering, analysis and reporting of target indicators and surveys, and coordinating with other M&E staff at Internews;
- Oversees technical staff, consultants and outside service providers charged with updating, operating and maintaining EJN’s digital media sites;