Jobs Around the World: October 2015
Videographer for Panchabhuta Conservation Foundation in Uttara Kannada District, India Deadline: Unclear
-- Indian citizenship -- A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or film — with specific, demonstrable skills in videography / video journalism / documentary production -- Interest working in the NGO / social sector related to sustainable development and conservation. -- At least one prior freelance contract for similar work -- Requisite gear — HD camera, mic(s), editing software/hardware -- Willingness to work independently in the field -- High fluency in English and at least one other Indian language (Kannada preferred)
Communications Director, Consumer Media & Campaigns for the International Rescue Committee in New York
Deadline: December 13, 2015
The person in this new role will…
Be a communications expert who:
- Identifies key IRC media and influencer targets that go beyond the sector and policy
- Thinks about Communications in an integrated way. S/he will ask, What’s the media angle? What’s the video opportunity? How can we make this a compelling message on social?
- Works proactively with colleagues across the organization to mine, develop and secure opportunities in mainstream targeted top-tier and digital media that raise the IRC’s profile
Strategic Communications Expert for Coffey in Peshawar, Pakistan
Deadline: October 25, 2015
- Event management
- Media outreach and management (drafting press releases, pitching stories to media, arranging interviews with programme staff/stakeholders etc).
- Public relations management.
- Produce public information material about the programme.
M&E and Communications Manager for OneVillage Partners in Bunumbu, Sierra Leone
Deadline: October 25, 2015
- Work closely with the Country Director, Program Director and senior staff to strengthen data-driven program development and decision-making.
- Lead the evolution of OVP's monitoring and evaluation approach, including creating and vetting indicators, improving our theory of change and data collection, developing processes, and building staff capacity.
- Ensure data integrity – data collection, storage, entry, checking, cleaning, analysis and reporting.
Videographer + Photographer for Hiptipico in Panajachel, Guatemala
This position will focus on digitally conveying Hiptipico's operations, daily activities and artisan relationship. This person will work directly with, Hiptipico founder and tasks include but are not limited to: videography, photography, website updates, artisan interviews, media editing and content creation.
Graphic Designer for FHI360 in Washington, D.C.
Conceptualize and develop print collateral such as newsletters, publications, brochures, covers, reports, information graphics, maps, posters, modules and manuals, curricula, and direct mail
Design materials compliant with the Section 508 usability standards
Design logos and develop branding materials
Conceptualize and design complex, visually compelling information graphics
Prepare mock-ups and comps for presentations
Content Producer/Storyteller for Catholic Medical Mission Board in New York
Nimble, strategic and creative, the Storyteller works the storytelling spectrum – from gathering stories in the field to packaging them for a variety of strategic purposes. She/he is steeped in our brand strategy and brings a willingness to experiment with fresh approaches and language. The successful Content Producer/Storyteller will be a strategic and creative writer who can deliver character-driven, emotionally engaging content tailored for different target audiences and organizational goals.
Head of Research for Development Media International in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Deadline: October 21, 2015
-- To lead the research team in Ouagadougou in the co-ordination and collection of quantitative data from multiple fieldworkers located across Burkina Faso. -- To provide oversight of the qualitative research techniques. -- To ensure DMI’s programming, monitoring and evaluation meets the highest scientific standards. -- To be responsible for maintaining the database, ensuring the integrity, confidentiality and safe storage of data; cleaning and coding datasets; extracting data and conducting basic analyses.
Communications Editor for Physicians Across Continents in Gaziantep, Turkey
Deadline: October 25, 2015
- Edit or develop assigned high value communications materials including but not limited to human interest stories for the blog, advocacy briefs, brochures, booklets, website content, slideshows or video scripts, concept notes/proposals, reports etc.
- Consult with the communications team and programs' sections to determine the overall scope of each assignment.
- Conduct a desk review to understand the PAC style of writing and relevant background for each assignment.
- Help with suggesting high quality photos from various events and activities..
Digital Producer for the International AIDS Society in Geneva
Deadline: October 30, 2015
• Explore and implement creative online strategies; • Lead web content development to include writing and editing web and email messaging; • Work with the communications team to maintain the IAS and conference editorial calendar; • Proactive grassroots outreach online (blogs, community networking sites, listservs); • Work with the IAS communications team and program staff on to ensure content sharing