Jobs Around the World: September 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! Communications Manager for the International Rescue Committee in Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan
Deadline: Nov. 13, 2016
This position will be responsible for managing the communication needs for IRC Iraq as the programme prepares for the humanitarian impact of the military operation to retake Mosul. This will be through gathering facts on the ground, success stories, and photographs, and assisting with the production of press releases, supporting media coverage and liaising with stakeholders to identify beneficiary impact stories.
Communications Specialist at Save the Children in Washington, D.C.
- Development and implementation of an effective internal communications strategy for increased use of available FP-PAC communications resources
- Operationalize communications and advocacy strategy, including assessments on knowledge, perceptions, attitudes
- Facilitate internal discussions at global, regional, and country level to mainstream FP-PAC in humanitarian and reproductive health communications, and advocacy initiatives
Media Relations Manager for Equality Now in London
- Collaborate with the Global Director, Management and Program teams and communications/development team to create an annual media relations plan and budget; develop media advocacy strategies in all of Equality Now’s core program areas to broaden reach, raise public awareness, mobilize activism and inspire philanthropic support.
- Identify significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support Equality Now's work, build brand awareness and supporter engagement
- Generate positive media coverage in new and creative ways; helps to manage reputation/image among relevant policy, research, business, and advocacy communities.
Empathy Challenge Editor with Better World Ed in San Francisco
- You're turning audio notes, written notes, and draft stories that you receive (through our curation) from various parts of the globe into incredible Empathy Challenge stories and lesson plans. And you're learning about ways to integrate 3rd-6th grade math concepts into these conversations around big social entrepreneurship topics and values (like empathy).
- The pace: 12-18 launched stories and lesson plans per month.
Communications Advisor for the International Fertilizer Development Center in Kampala
Deadline: Oct. 3, 2016
- Delivery of planned project communication strategies and helping to keep them up to date.
- Maintain regular social media presence for the project(s)
- Supporting technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials.
- Preparing articles and success stories illustrating project(s) approaches and achievements.
Director of Marketing and Communications for Appleseed based remotely
- Create a system to uncover, develop and publish compelling stories based on our work. Drive discovery of our best thinking/work and transform these insights into stories to help raise funds, share what we are learning, and influence a broader conversation about the seemingly impossible task of changing behavior.
- Enhance Appleseed’s brand. Help our key stakeholders understand what we do, why, and how it’s relevant to them. Ensure that they feel heard, and that they can meaningfully engage with Appleseed, whether it be advising, funding, or connecting us with others. Invite leading-edge thinkers into our work to ensure we stay highly relevant and innovative. Create experiences that uniquely amplify our message and draw others to us.
- Evolve Appleseed’s current marketing to create much stronger connection to and relationship with the Appleseed brand and the values it represents. Begin to establish our positioning as a go-to source for ideas on the role of behavior change in fighting global poverty. Help us become a shining example of what is possible in making a difference in the developing world.
Marketing and Communications Manager for Global Communities in Silver Spring, Md.
- Develops an annual marketing and communications plan in support of business objectives and mission. - Collaborates with field and HQ managers to lead the development and implementation of all marketing communications strategies. - Develops and executes engaging brand materials with compelling content and visuals."
Communication and Fundraising Officer for PEPY Empowering Youth in Siem Reap, Cambodia
Deadline: Sept. 30, 2016
- Ensures website text, images and videos are up-to-date, reflecting the latest PEPY Empowering Youth programs, decisions, challenges, achievements and lessons learned.
- Maintains and develops the international PEPY Empowering Youth network through social media
- Works closely with Management team and Board of Directors to develop a public relations strategy.
- Leads all stewardship for all donors including monthly, small, medium and large benefactors.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator for So Others Might Eat in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: Sept. 30, 2016
- Plan, develop, write, and produce electronic and printed communications, including video production.
- Create and deliver marketing and social media campaigns for special events throughout the year.
- Communicate outreach and recruitment strategies to staff.
We hope you enjoyed this month's "Jobs Around the World." Earlier this month we also shared tips for creating an image archive for your nonprofit and offered storytelling insights from the totally engaging "I'm a Mormon" video series. Go check them out!