Jobs Around the World: December 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! Digital Communications Specialist for the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange in Boston, MA
This individual will be responsible for coordinating MARE's visual communications programs and projects including: maintaining the website, scheduling and producing content for all social media activities; coordinating the digital aspects of the Heart Gallery photographic exhibit and Video Snapshots program; editing and dissemination of photo listing profiles for the purposes of child recruitment; designing solicitation & program materials including brochures, posters, newsletters, annual reports; recruiting and managing volunteers for the Heart Gallery and video Snapshots; assisting in expanding community-based publicity programs and replicating successes.
Deadline: December 31st, 2016
Reporting Specialist for ACDI/VOCA in Columbia
ACDI/VOCA was awarded the Program of Alliances for Reconciliation in Colombia with a four-year life of project (LOP) from May 27, 2016 through May 30, 2020. The objective of this $55 million activity is to ensure that Colombians are better prepared to come to terms with the past, strengthen communities' capacity to mitigate conflicts, and actively advance reconciliation.The Reporting Specialist (RS) is responsible for helping to develop key program communications efforts to ensure the adequate awareness and reporting of program progress and accomplishments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the programmatic reporting and communications strategies as the Reporting Manager requests.
- Contribute to the design of a knowledge management strategy and maintenance of a searchable knowledge management platform that hosts annual implementation plans, all programmatic information and reporting, and photography and videography libraries.
- Write weekly, quarterly, annual, final, and ad-hoc project reports, presentations, case studies, success stories, press releases, vignettes, and updates for submission to the donor and other stakeholders as the Reporting Manager requests.
- In coordination with the Reporting Manager and Objective Managers, participate in discussions, facilitate information collection, and develop and/or translate into English the annual implementation plans, quarterly reports, final report, and other deliverables and documents to be submitted to the USAID for review and/or approval.
- Conduct site visits to meet community stakeholders, local government officials, and program staff to collect information and report on best practices, lessons learned, successes, and challenges.
- With assistance from audiovisual staff, develop graphics, maps, flow charts, and diagrams for reports, presentations, and handouts.
- With assistance from audiovisual staff and the Strategic Communications Specialist, develop videography and photography material (with Media Release forms) for internal and/or external publications, the ACDIVOCA website, and use for external events such as conferences.
- Provide high-level editorial assistance to the publication of all project reporting and communications including any special reports as identified by the COP and Reporting Manager.
- Contribute to programmatic external communications including letters to government officials and stakeholders and outreach materials, ensuring quality and consistent communications.
- In coordination with the Reporting Manager, ensure adherence to the project's approved Branding and Marking plan, Communications and Outreach Strategy, as well as alignment with other relevant USG communications protocols.
- In coordination with the Reporting Manager, provide Spanish-English and English-Spanish translations of Program documentation as required by the COP, DCOP, or other departments.
- Provide assistance with proposal development for relevant ACDI/VOCA proposals for Colombia or other areas, as appropriate and required.
Learn more about this job.
Project Officer (Communication with Communities(CWC) for International Organization for Migration in Erbil, IraqCore Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide support and assistance with the project implementation for various CwC projects within Iraq. Ensure smooth functioning in the production and dissemination of various communications tools for affected populations throughout IOM’s work in Iraq. Support project development and manage CwC partnerships both at the hub office and in the field. Support start-up of Inter-Agency Two-way Communications Centre to receive feedback from affected populations in Iraq on humanitarian needs.
2. Liaison closely with senior staff and the Public Information Officer to ensure alignment of CwC field activities with other programme and public information activities and goals. Provide inputs on integration of CwC into the work of IOM and ensure ongoing CwC support to other programmes. Advocate for increased communications with crisis-affected populations throughout IOM fieldwork in Iraq.
3. Support CwC national staff to ensure training, functionality and continuity of IOM’s online platform Community Response Map by providing tracking of incoming calls, capturing relevant data and constantly assessing the urgent needs of the affected population.
4. Monitor the production of various media resources for affected populations based on key messages and concerns in different hub-offices including radio and television programmes, print media and comic newsletters, community events etc. on issues such as shelter winterization, protection, and health among others.
5. Provide support for IOM CwC coordinator and focal points both in the field and in Erbil. Oversee the work of project contractors, including script writers, graphic artists, editors or other contributors to monitor quality and accuracy of media produced and disseminated in affected areas.
6. Ensure standardized data collection on project indicators for all CwC projects. Support IOM reporting through regular contribution and updates on project outcomes. Ensure compliance with donor requirements through monitoring and evaluation of project indicators and outcomes. Support Inter-Agency Two-way Communications Centre in producing reports for Clusters, requesting agencies, and IOM.
7. Ensure the timely distribution of IOM media products to affected populations via local press, partners and IOM Iraq Rapid Assessment and Response Teams (RART). Ensure that new media is also shared with a global audience via IOM websites and social media accounts in collaboration with IOM’s Online Communications Unit (OCU) in order to deepen the public's understanding of the Organization and its work in Iraq.
8. Gather and draft publishable news, human interest stories, photographs, video and other media from the different IOM hubs from the Iraq emergency and ensure their timely and efficient publication and distribution on the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) website, IOM.int website and all IOM derivative websites including IOMIraq.net.
Deadline: December 21st, 2016
Communications Director by International Center for Journalists in Washington, DC
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks an energetic editor with digital experience to create, manage and showcase content on our website (www.icfj.org). The successful candidate will also be responsible for media relations, maintaining our social media channels, and promoting the impact of ICFJ. The Communications Director reports to the Vice President of Development.
- Develop and manage content across ICFJ's site, newsletters and other channels.
- Oversee an effective social media strategy to advance ICFJ messages across platforms.
-Manage media relations including press pitches, interviews, press releases, and staff appearances.
- For our upcoming website development:
- Collaborate closely with our innovation director and development team to develop a functional site framework;
- Lead content strategy for the site;
- Shepherd consistent branding, good user experience and audience development.
- Maintain an active calendar of events, with email updates for targeted audiences.
- Manage communications for ICFJ's annual Awards Dinner and other ICFJ events by capturing and sharing compelling stories, visuals, social media and video.
Communications & Adovocacy Advisor for Danish Refugee Council in Hatay-Antakya, Turkey
The role of the Communications and Advocacy Advisor is to lead the team in delivering vital information and communication that enable excellent media and fundraising activities for the Turkey Country Office. The post-holder will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive media, advocacy and communications strategy, ensuring smooth flow of information, good relations with high profile visitors and the media, and high-quality reporting to showcase DRC Turkey’s activities and achievements. Additionally, the Advocacy, Communications and Media Manager will work closely with the MENA Regional Office to ensure that external messaging and image are consistent.
Deadline: December 31st, 2016
———- Press Officer Humanitarian for Oxfam in Washington, DC
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To help create and implement media strategies that provide Oxfam America and Oxfam International humanitarian initiatives with high-quality media coverage that influences key policymakers in the United States.
- Generate regular, strategic, high-quality media coverage of Oxfam America’s concerns through sophisticated proactive and reactive media work.
- Help create and implement results-driven media strategies that support work of Oxfam America and Oxfam International campaigns and programs, as assigned.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists in the print and broadcast media
- Write and develop press releases, op-ed pieces and official statements; coordinate press conferences, mailings, special events and other related work.
- Work effectively with the Oxfam International media team to produce high quality press releases and other products that are effective in the US market. Help shape Oxfam’s public humanitarian messaging concerning countries where Oxfam works and how the US government should respond to humanitarian needs there.
- Create media strategies in coordination with the Director of Media and PR to ensure that all media work is integrated to support broad Oxfam America communications plans and expand the public profile and impact of Oxfam brand in the US.
- Develop and facilitate media interviews for other Oxfam representatives and assist staff with development of media skills.
- Monitor, evaluate and draw conclusions on impact of media work.
- Work with press, advocacy and field staff from other Oxfam affiliates regarding advocacy strategies and initiatives.
- When appropriate serve as spokesperson for Oxfam.
Deadline: December 29st, 2016
Chief Media, UN Childrens Fund in New York, NY.
Purpose of the Position
Incumbent of the post will be responsible for driving the development and implementation of UNICEF's global media relations strategy to enhance visibility and support for the work of UNICEF. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing information and media strategies on emergencies and other organizational priorities, working in close coordination with the Director's Office, and frequently with the Executive Director, on political and sensitive issues. The Incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that UNICE HQ, regional and country offices, Geneva, Tokyo, are briefed and advised on global, regional and country-specific media matters.
Deadline: December 22nd, 2016
Senior Communications Officer for Women's Refugee Commission in New York, NY
Under the supervision of and collaboration with the Director of External Communications, the Senior Communications Officer will implement an overall strategic communications plan aligned with WRC’s overall vision and strategy, increase its profile among key audiences, including media, donors, governments, national and international policy makers.
- Manage writing, professional editing, fact checking and production of all program research material including reports, guidance notes, fact sheets and other material as needed; ensure editorial standards and branding are consistent in all WRC material
- Monitor impact of publications distribution and proactively develop new opportunities for WRC substantive material.
- Manage an editorial calendar to include editorial, program publications and related material as well as press releases, statements and announcements.
- Prepare press releases and official statements for distribution to media and other constituents.
- Annual Voices of Courage Awards: Manage all editorial content -- preparing talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material.
- Develop conferences, briefings and other outreach events to advance the WRC’s thought leadership among target audiences. Work with program staff members to identify opportunities and develop related communication materials including programs, invitations, media advisories and displays
- Manage the hiring and supervision of consultants
We hope you enjoyed this month’s “Jobs Around the World.” Earlier this month we also shared The Power of Collaboration (a blog about how far NGOStorytelling came in a year). Go check it out!