Jobs Around the World: November 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you! Director and Editor-in-Chief at Reproductive Health Matters in Flexible Location
Deadline: January 8, 2018
As Editor-in-Chief the successful candidate will be responsible for
- editing the Journal and continuing to uphold standards and reputation as a key international journal in English
- identifying topics and authors for themed issues
- writing and developing briefs for editorials and opinion pieces, stimulating debate and opening new areas of enquiry and research
- encouraging submissions to RHM
Communications and Media Relations Manager for Episcopal Relief and Development in New York
1. Oversees the development, execution, delivery and evaluation of print, digital and multimedia collateral for Marketing & Communications through all stages of production. This includes stories/blogs, brochures, presentations/speeches, annual reports, video content, web/digital copy and other promotional materials.
2. Plans and implements a media strategy aligned with organizational marketing and communications goals. This includes defining objectives, identifying target audiences and relevant messaging, managing budgets and timelines, in addition to monitoring, documenting and evaluating metrics and outcomes for various projects and campaigns.
Global Communications Director for Malaria No More in Seattle or Washington, D.C.
• Develop compelling messaging that reflects the perspectives of target audiences in key markets, and that those messages are consistently communicated to MNM audiences.
• Develop and implement a long-term proactive media outreach strategy that will result in a steady drumbeat of malaria coverage in the U.S. leading up to and through 2020.
• Provide guidance to and/or oversee the implementation of strategic communications plans for key MNM markets and partners, including the African Leaders Malaria Alliance.
Advocacy Manager for the Norwegian Refugee Council in Maiduguri, Nigeria
Deadline: November 27, 2018
- Identify and coordinate NRC’s advocacy response to prioritised protection issues both within the country and internationally
- Develop and implement country-specific advocacy strategy, aligned to overall country strategy
- Line management, including development of staff if applicable
- Ensure advocacy coherence and reinforce effective synergies between programmes and advocacy by working closely with programme staff to integrate advocacy into programme planning and implementation.
Development Communications Writer for Partners in Health in Boston
Deadline: December 23, 2017
- Supports individual giving, community giving, and communications team activities and goals by gathering content and drafting original copy for proposals, reports, acknowledgments, newsletters, appeals, and marketing collateral
- With the monitoring evaluation and quality improvement (MEQ) team, helps identify and satisfy data needs for development communications projects
Digital Content Production Coordinator for Catholic Relief Services in Baltimore, Md.
- Acknowledge receipt of and triage requests from CRS's Workfront ticketing system
- Add cards to Trello and assign them to the appropriate digital team member
- Add hours estimates to Trello to help determine timing for task completion
- Add/edit/archive website content in our Drupal and WordPress content management systems (CMSs)
- Enter email copy and media into CRS's EveryAction digital marketing system
Communications Assistant for UNICEF in Seoul, South Korea
• Strengthen visibility/recognition activities. Gather content and coverage of Government of RoK’s visibilities in coordination with COs. • Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. media briefings, images, videos, webpages, presentations, etc.). • Translate materials from NYHQs, ROs, and COs. • Draft and edit articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials as appropriate with a minimal supervision.
Communications Coordinator for Latin America and the Caribbean at Center for Reproductive Rights in New York
- Working with Regional Director of LAC and Senior Press Officer to identify opportunities and develop communications strategies for linking the Center and its work to global trends and issues to national, regional, and international audiences and allow the Center to reach different audiences in LAC;
- Developing communications and social mobilizations strategies for all the legal projects of the Center;
- Identifying and supervising local media and communications consultants (with support from Senior Press Officer, as needed) to support and complement the Center's communications efforts in LAC;
Communications Manager at Save the Children in Flexible Location
Substantial Communications experience within the international development sector, and ideally within Child Protection
Proven experience in the development and implementation of high impact communication plans
Excellence as a writer and editor, skilled at distilling large amounts of technical information for diverse audiences
Creativity as a communicator, with the ability to develop inspiring and engaging communication products
Reports and Proposals Writer for Cambodian Children's Trust in Battambang, Cambodia
- Identify relevant grant opportunities and corporate funding opportunities that CCT is eligible for as a local Cambodian NGO
- Develop proposals and grant submissions for funding opportunities, including narratives and supporting documentation
- Develop project proposals and reports