Job Around the World: May 2018
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you! Director, Content Strategy for Mercy Corps in Portland, Oregon, USA
Deadline: June 16, 2018
- Design and execute a content strategy that meets business needs of multiple channel owners and stakeholders across Mercy Corps, from fundraising and media relations to advocacy and research.
- Build and own the Mercy Corps editorial calendar, a content roadmap to advance profile-elevation, fundraising, thought leadership and advocacy goals.
- In partnership with stakeholders and channel owners, manage the creation and production of content that is timely, relevant, flexible, on-brand and, most of all, effective at telling Mercy Corps’ story to discrete target audiences.
Development Director for Escuela Adelante in San Juan del Sur Rivas Department, Nicaragua
We are in need of a dynamic personality who can identify and then communicate our mission to potential funders, both to raise funds for operations and also our new campus, currently under construction. This is a full time position on our leadership staff.
Researcher on Russia for Human Rights Watch in Moscow
Deadline: June 14, 2018
- Research, monitor and document human rights abuses by collecting and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources including governments, local media, NGOs, victims, witnesses, journalists, diplomats, government agencies and others in the field;
- Write and publicize reports, briefing papers, letters, news releases, op-eds, and submissions to international bodies based on research findings; collect supporting documents and materials such as photographs and videos;
- Develop and implement local, regional, and international strategies to change abusive laws, policies, and practices;
Digital Campaigns Manager for Habitat for Humanity in Manila or Singapore
- The manager creates strategy for content promotion and implements regional campaigns across digital and social media channels to achieve Habitat’s communications objectives. Ensure that all online content is engaging, accurate and meets Habitat's branding guidelines (30%). - Manage Habitat’s Asia-Pacific area office social media activities and digital assets (website and social media channels) through scheduling content and community management. This includes developing content/materials, working with an in-house graphic designer, national organizations and headquarters to ensure timely, compelling information about Habitat’s work in AP is shared across a range of digital and social media platforms. (30%).
Public Relations and Grant Manager for Solid'Africa in Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: May 27, 2018
- The position takes the lead on improving dissemination of information on progress and attainment of results from on-going projects.
- The position will support planning, conceptualisation and writing of project proposals and related budgeting. S/he will take the lead in seeking for funding opportunities for ongoing projects and other areas for organisations growth.
- The position will take the lead in reporting to donors and other benefactors.
Social Media Associate for Doctors Without Borders in New York
Deadline: May 28, 2018
Provides social media support to other departments and teams as needed—including events, marketing, and field human resources—and strengthens collaboration between international digital teams.
Uses social media effectively to promote and amplify live events and webcasts, including through live tweeting. Assists with Facebook Live productions and live video for other platforms.
Communications and Press Officer for International Confederation of Midwives in The Hague, Netherlands
Deadline: May 30, 2018
Oversees ICM press and media outreach Manages the ICM website Oversees all digital and social media properties for ICM newsletter, Twitter, Facebook and other social media Develops op-eds and key editorial pieces
Communications Manager for Happy Hearts Indonesia in Jakarta
Deadline: June 7, 2018
Donor Communication: develop, design and maintain communications with potential and current donors through written reports, videos and social media
Media Relation: strengthen and develop the relationship between HHI and the media, online and offline
Social Media: create all social media content and develop new strategies