Jobs Around the World: July 2015
Head of Communications for the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Switzerland
Deadline: July 27
- Develop, follow up and report on strategy and action plans according to the IDMC strategic plan 2015-2020.
- Performance management and line management of staff; including development of staff and holding the Department accountable for results
- Develop and implement overall external communication strategy in line with IDMC institutional priorities, including the development of individual campaign strategies
- Develop branding strategy and the promotion of IDMC’s brand presence, including the development of IDMC’s ‘suite of products’
- Develop and maintain internal policies and guidelines for publishing and communications work
- Ensure compliance within the organization with regards to IDMC policies and guidelines for branding and communications (incl. content on digital media)
- Coordinate media and social media engagements, both day-to-day and for major events and campaigns
- Manage the communications budget
Communications and Development Officer for Mercy Corps in Tajikistan
Deadline: August 10
This is a new position for the country program and as such, in addition to managing various resources and working with different teams, there will be an element of establishing new techniques and ideas. Mercy Corps seeks a self-starter with confidence and enthusiasm who can work collaboratively in a cross cultural environment. The position will have two main aspects: first, to lead or contribute heavily to new program development efforts for SO1 and SO2; and, second, to improve external and internal communications and reporting for the country program.
ChildSafe Communications Coordinator with Friends International in Phnom Penh
Deadline: August 2
· Boosting out current campaigns through media and presence on all major global happenings
· Building capacity of Friends teams and partners to implement the campaigns locally and get the messages across
· Establishing strong relationships with the corporate world, especially with the tourism industry
· Working closely with the government agencies, influencing policies and building strong partnerships
· Ensuring international brand recognition
Marketing Advisor for Marie Stopes International in London
Deadline: August 4
This position supports priority country programmes in the roll out of marketing global goods and best practices. You will provide remote and in-country support to adapt and localise centrally developed strategies and improve implementation based on best practice principles with regards to high quality customer service, demand creation, behaviour change communication and interpersonal communication.
Editor at International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: Open until filled
- Edit, write, and, proofread text and data for a wide variety of publications including annual reports, briefs, brochures, reports, books magazine articles, blogs, and other materials.
- Ensure consistency of style, accuracy of content, and the highest overall editorial quality.
- Offer well thought-out and concise editorial comments that will significantly improve the publication.
- Collaborate with internal and external authors, external editors, and the design team.
Video and Photography Trainer Consultant for Free Press Unlimited in Turkey or Lebanon
- To train a group of media professionals in the Middle East on visual journalism: help journalists to produce better photos and better video stories
- Produce reports attacking ever-green issues to attract readers and other media
- To implement the course design as drafted by beneficiary and coach
- To contribute with theory and reference work to support the methodology of the training
- To produce/adjust if necessary learning tools
East Africa Press Officer for Human Rights Watch in Nairobi
1. Distribute press materials, such as news releases and reports, to media in Kenya and East Africa;
2. Pitch story ideas about human rights to relevant journalists;
3. Coordinate response with relevant staff for media queries about Human Rights Watch research and human rights issues;
4. Develop contacts with national and international journalists in East Africa;
Marketing Coordinator for Proyecto Peru in Cusco
- Manage and carry out our social media strategy (Facebook & Instagram)
- Research ways to expand our network of agencies, universities and our customer base at the regional and international level.
- Be the point of contact and manager for marketing interns throughout the year.
- Manage and communicate with our different partner agencies i.e. coordinate internships, provide updated photos/descriptions of placements, and oversee contracts.