Jobs Around the World: June 2017
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! Public Information/Communication Officer for UNDP in Doha, Qatar
Deadline: June 19, 2017
The Communications Officer will work in close collaboration with the UNTDC’s team, staff of other UN Agencies, OHCHR HQs staff (Communications Section), Government officials, media, multilateral and bilateral partners and civil society. A communications strategy tightly linked to UNTDC’s program priorities helps position the Centre as a regional leader in training and documentation in the Arab Region and South West Asia. The Public Information/Communications Officer is expected to fulfill the following:
- Develop the Centre’s communications and advocacy strategies;
- Support the development/production of communication and advocacy materials for awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the supervisor;
- Support management of website, social medias including online communication tools;
- Plan and implement communication activities in the Centre’s annual plan;
- Proactively identify media opportunities and, in close liaison with the Centre’s partners, plan and implement media events including press releases, report launches and press conferences; and
- Develop strategies for partnerships and maintain databases of partners and supporters in the field of information and communication media.
- Establish mass communication coordination mechanisms, possibly including an inter-agency mass communication task force;
- Maintenance of information database and photo library;
- Arrangement of briefings and regular meetings with other UN agencies in the region and with national and international media;
- Support to UN information campaigns (HR Day, UN Day, Media Day, Environment day etc.);
- Oversee the design and editorial content of the website ensuring that content are regularly updated and promoted;
Social Media Manager in for Mercy Corps in Portland, Oregon
Deadline: July 12, 2017
The Social Media Manager is responsible for planning and executing the social media strategy to advance fundraising, donor and constituent engagement, media, advocacy and partnerships. By leveraging our social platforms, s/he will connect donors, advocates, supporters and other key constituents to Mercy Corps in order to inspire them to support us. S/he will work with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including the Media Relations, Mass Market Fundraising, Policy and Advocacy, Research, and Corporate and Foundations teams to provide strategic guidance, program analysis and recommendations for social media channels. S/he will create and share social media content across all Mercy Corps social media channels on a daily basis, seek to engage new constituents, and measure and report on the performance of social media content.
Digital Production Assistant fro Small Media in London, England
Deadline: June 24, 2017
Small Media is a London based NGO which provides digital advocacy solutions to communities worldwide. We support civic tech projects and media development, working to empower organizations with new skills in areas such as data advocacy, digital design, and digital security.
This role will support the Advocacy Assembly Senior Program Manager and Production Manager with the production of content, maintenance of website, and tasks related to the wider Advocacy Assembly project.The role it suitable for a recent graduate, looking to acquire digital production skills supporting media development initiatives. It will involve various tasks - the core responsibilities and expected deliverables of which are outlined below:
- Booking flights, hotels, travel, booking studios or meeting spaces for projects
- Ensuring all scripts and multimedia content are documented and organized before uploading
- At film shoots, support crew and recording audio if needed
- Ensure script and visual consistency in line with style guidelines
- Social media promotion on shoots, taking photos and posting on social channels
- Monitoring social media analytics
- Analyzing analytics to spot patterns for targeted campaigns
Head of Campaign, Policy, and Communications for Syria Crisis Response for Oxfam in Lebanon, Jordan and Syria
Deadline: June 27, 2017
We are looking for an outstanding, senior strategic leader with substantive experience in managing and lead Oxfam's campaigning and advocacy work on the Syria crisis response. The ideal candidate will have experience, knowledge and passion for working in the Middle East.
In addition, they will have excellent representation and influencing skills, the ability to lead and develop Oxfam's campaigning and advocacy work on the Syria crisis response across Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, working with colleagues across Oxfam globally.
Communications Assistant for UNICEF in San Jose, Costa Rica
Deadline: June 19, 2017
Under the supervision of the Communication Officer, the incumbent is responsible for designing and editing corporate materials used by the Costa Rica Country Office, editing, designing and layout of all materials published through the UNICEF office, supporting sector counterparts on publications and managing support to digital initiative related to knowledge management, such as cyber library for children, as well as providing weekly scans of news and information published elsewhere about children in Costa Rica and participates in Costa Rica CO Knowledge Management Process.
Communications Specialist for Catholic Medical Mission Board in NYC, New York
Deadline: June 19, 2017
As our Communications Specialist, you will bring our work to life by developing dynamic and compelling human stories through strong copywriting that moves people to engage more deeply in our mission. You will work the entire storytelling spectrum, from gathering stories in the field to packaging them for a variety of strategic purposes.
· Develop content for integrated fundraising/marketing campaigns and communications channels
· Write both short-form and long-form pieces for press releases, website, reports, newsletters and social media
· Deepen understanding of our work with various audiences, translating our strategy and programs into powerful copy and stories that drive desired action
· Act as an “in-house reporter” and develop compelling stories about beneficiaries, programs, staff and global health and development issues
· Identify opportunities to gather content to support our content strategy, including planning international and local trips in close collaboration with other teams and country offices
· Travel to Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan or Zambia to gather stories that bring our brand to life and accomplish marketing and communications goals
Marketing Communications Specialist for SNV World in The Hague, Netherlands
Deadline: July 1, 2017
SNV seeks a versatile marketing communications specialist who will deliver marketing communication services, support the production of bids and proposals and profile SNV with key global stakeholders for the water, sanitation and hygiene sector. This position is part of the corporate Marketing and Business Development Unit and reports to the Senior Marketing Strategist.
Content marketing: Develop content marketing to position our key products urban and rural sanitation;
Events: coordinate preparations, materials and publicity for global events;
Media and press: develop and maintain contacts with relevant press for publicity opportunities such as news and story coverage;
Business development: support business development activities including the production of well written and high quality bids and proposals for institutional donors. Coordinate the production of marketing material such as brochures;
Social media management: develop and write content for and engage on social media with relevant stakeholders. Encourage staff engagement on social media platforms;
Global branding: support the further developing the SNV brand and support adherence to brand guidelines. Provide internal training and develop templates.
Multimedia Productions Manager for Médecins Sans Frontières in Brussels, Belgium
Deadline: June 18, 2017
The CCT produced, commission and advise on everything related with video, photo and digital content needed for the operational communications in OCB.
The Multimedia project manager works within the operational communication Unit (ComBO), in the Creative Content Team (CCT) and reports to the Creative Content Team Leader. It’s a full time position (37,5 hour/week) based in Brussels.
- Creative and/or Executive Producer on audiovisual and multimedia content
- Translate in audiovisual concepts the communication strategies of Communication Advisors
- Develop and maintain a network a network of high quality external collaborators
- When relevant, film and/or edit MSF footage and multimedia productions
- Select pictures for internal and external publications
We hope you enjoyed this month’s “Jobs Around the World.” Earlier this month we discussed the importance of contracts and with copyright lawyer Ceren Taygun. Be sure to check it out!