Jobs Around the World: May 2014
Great Lakes Africa Communications Officer for Jesuit Refugee Service in Bujumbura, Burundi
- Develops and reviews the JRS Great Lakes Africa communications strategy, as well as the media strategy.
- Communicates the mission, vision, values and activities of JRS throughout the region – particularly the experiences of the refugees whom JRS serves, the situations in which they live and the causes of their displacement – to specific target groups as well as to wider audiences.
- Facilitates and encourages a culture of communication within JRS Great Lakes Africa.
- Produces quality content in the region, in line with JRS International guidelines.
Researcher on North Korea for Human Rights Watch in Seoul
1. Monitoring and documenting human rights abuses by collecting and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources including governments, local media, NGOs, journalists, diplomats, security forces and others in the field;
2. Conducting fact-finding missions, recognizing the need for innovative methodologies to ensure adequate information gathering given the closed nature of the DPRK;
3. Writing and publicizing reports, briefing papers, letters, news releases, op-eds, and submissions to international bodies based on the findings of your research.
Director of Communications for Transparency International in Berlin
- Develop a dynamic and effective social media approach
- Develop new channels and methods to improve the overall public awareness and understanding of TI´s work
- Identify and engage new audiences
- Devise and implement tactics to support campaigns and advocacy work
West Africa Researcher for Amnesty International in Dakar
Our West Africa Researcher will tackle issues like freedom of expression and association, forced evictions, abuses in the criminal justice system and international justice. In order to get the word out about these violations, we need expertly developed research and campaigning strategies. And in this key role, that’s exactly what you’ll deliver.
Communications Advisor for International Research and Exchanges Board in Amman, Jordan
· Support coordination and implementation of program activities, including providing strategic guidance to CSO partners and playing an integral role in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities as well as ensuring that program deliverables are being met.
· Assist CSOs in developing and implementing social media campaign strategies
· Provide trainings on ICT and social media applications to CSOs and community members.
Associate Director of Media Relations for Orbis International in New York
- Identify, plan and execute the U.S. media relations objectives and activities to enhance the organization's image with global and local media representatives and the public at large.
- Collaborate with global communications colleagues on the overall integration of media relations and communications planning, including website and online media and ensure consistent messaging and cohesive execution.
- Write materials for traditional and digital media - including press releases, press kits, media briefings and other documents.
- Create and implement media campaigns in support of Orbis‘s global eye care programs.
Writer/Marketing Manager for Action for India in New Delhi
Primarily, the candidate must deliver on a wide variety of communications tasks related to fundraising, organizational development, and partner management, including regular correspondence with highly successful individuals across the globe. The candidate must grasp concepts quickly in daily phone briefing calls with AFI’s President, but also work independently on less time sensitive priorities.
Regional Information Officer for Catholic Relief Services in Dakar
• Develop and implement, in collaboration with the Communications Officer for Sub-Saharan Africa in Baltimore, a comprehensive media strategy for the West and Central Africa regions focusing efforts on outreach to U.S. audiences - media outlets and CRS donors in particular. • Establish and maintain relationships with national and international media representatives based in the region to increase awareness in the U.S. of CRS projects and priority issues. Become a vital resource of information for journalists, feed them story ideas and keep them abreast of CRS activities. • Consistently seek out newsworthy stories for U.S. media consumption.