Jobs Around the World: August 2015
Regional Media and Communications Advisor for Oxfam in Nairobi Deadline: August 26 You will deliver high impact media coverage in national, regional and global markets by designing and implementing a regional media strategy to help bring change on core Oxfam issues, support global and national campaigns, highlight Oxfam's development and humanitarian work, and raise funds. Work with country teams, regional programmes and civil society partners to develop media strategies, build their capacity for engagement, and identify opportunities and new story angles.
Resident Journalism Advisor for Internews in San Salvador, El Salvador
Deadline: Unclear Internews is seeking experienced journalist and media development professionals with a focus in health for anticipated opportunities in the Northern Triangle region- Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador. The Resident Journalism Advisor (RJA) is responsible for capacity building efforts for media, civil society and youth partners in all areas of media development from journalism and social media training to newsroom management and business development.
Policy Communications Manager for CARE USA in Washington, D.C.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans that advance the organization’s policy and advocacy agenda for each of its priority issue areas
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan for CARE Learning Tours, through which CARE brings policymakers, media and other decision makers to countries where CARE works to see US investments in poverty-fighting programs first hand
- Provide communications support to the citizen advocacy and government relations teams
Head of Engagement for Greenpeace East Asia in Hong Kong, Taipei or Seoul
Deadline: October 4
a) Ensuring growth in our online supporter base and improving the responsiveness, depth and quality of the relationships through strong engagement strategies
b) Working with Campaign Project Teams and other colleagues to ensure engagement potential of campaigns is identified and maximised, and to provide advice and leadership in this area
c) Collaborating with Programme, Actions and Fundraising teams to deepen relationships with non-financial and financial supporters
Regional Information Officer for ICAP's PHIA Project in Pretoria, South Africa
- Work with individual PHIA country teams to support strong positioning of the surveys at multiple levels in each country.
- Assist each country team with development of a country-level communications strategy at the beginning of each survey and guide implementation of this strategy as the project evolves.
- Support teams in hiring country-level communications focal points and oversee work plans of country-level PHIA communications staff.
Communications Manager for the Rainforest Action Network in San Francisco
Work with Climate and Energy Program staff to develop and implement strategic, media-worthy campaign events. Crafting long-term strategic vehicles for promoting RAN and program messages and stories.
Handle rapid response communication, developing messages, and writing op-eds, letters to the editor, talking points and other media materials.
Train and coach staff, volunteers and constituents for media availabilities; act as media liaison during media events.
Communications Specialist for PCI Media Impact in Accra
Deadline: August 31
- Produce a cohesive communications strategy that supports the goals and objectives of the WA BiCC program and its partners
- Lead the overall delivery, design, management and evaluation of the 2 pillars of the regional communications strategy (C4D and strategic communications), ensuring that the appropriate messages and media reach each target audience across multiple platforms.
- Ensure the timely delivery of all communication assets, including new and traditional media targeting multiple audiences and across multiple platforms.
Program Manager at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle
Deadline: Unclear -Develop and manage work plan, budget and quality of deliverables relative to Seattle Center resident organizations that may include communications planning, public relations coordination, operational efficiencies and program effectiveness. -Lead a matrix-managed team comprised of staff from various foundation programs, including the Executive Office, Global Workplace Resources, Finance, Communications, and representatives from identified partner organizations to help to define the foundation's unique role in the Center redesign. -Manage specific stakeholder outreach and planning for non-city partners with a primary focus on non-profit partners, other institutional and public funders and Lake2Bay coalition partners.
Communications and Marketing Manager for Vera Solutions in Mumbai
Deadline: August 31 • Drive Vera’s Communication Strategy; oversee goals, activities, and metrics • Manage the Communication budget, work plans, documentation, execution, and evaluation • Generate externally facing content – case studies, client profile videos, marketing materials, etc. • Administer and update Vera’s website
VP of Marketing for Spire Schools in Nairobi
Deadline: Unclear We are looking for an exceptional individual to revolutionize the way our customers think about school. We are going back to basics: Who matters for our success? How do we reach them? What is our core identity and brand? We need a rock star customer experience expert who thrives in making something from nothing.