Jobs Around the World: April 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! ——————–
Creative Digital Media Coordinator Convoy of Hope in Springfield, MO
The Creative Digital Media Coordinator (CDMC) supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope by shooting and editing footage in domestic and international settings that show the organization’s stories, promotes our mission, and moves people to give to our work and advocate on our behalf. The CDMC also lends creative and visionary input to scripting, storyboarding and video and photographic projects so they tie seamlessly into overarching campaigns and mission of organization.
Deadline: June 1, 2016
Senior Officer, Communication Zika Outbreak for International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Panama
- Coordination of the content development: Human interest stories Profile the work of National Societies, key facts and figures, web-stories, press releases, among others.
- Coordination of all media requests.
- Support the fundraising activities of the emergency appeal.
- Travel to the affected areas to collect information from National Societies to guarantee content in IFRC communication channels.
- Write a case study on the contribution of communications in the operation.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
Deadline: May 3, 2016
Communications Specialist (Internal Communication) for UNICEF in Geneva Switzerland
- Systematic approach to internal communication applied that is based on end-user needs and preferences and supports the implementation of the Private Fundraising and Partnerships Plan.
- Effective internal communication structures and mechanisms in place to facilitate the work of the UNICEF Private Sector Network.
- Staff have access to a unified Digital Workplace that facilitates two-way flows of information and new ways of working.
- The work of the UNICEF Private Sector Network (including PFP) is promoted within the organization.
- Stakeholders are engaged and equipped with the necessary information and skills to support the achievement of the internal communication objectives.
- Systematic approach to knowledge sharing within the Private Sector Network.
- Internal Communication Unit works efficiently and effectively. Human resources (the Brand Management and Marketing Services Unit) and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) are effectively managed and optimally used.
Deadline: May 1, 2016
Communications Administrator at World Vision in Lebanon
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Communications department in all tasks related to Communications, Media, administration and paper work: assisting the department in handling all documentation of the comms resources, activities, events and initiatives and provide these to the Communications Manager, the Regional Communications Team and the World Vision partnership; assisting in implementing World Vision Lebanon’s visibility, branding, child protection and communications policies.
Deadline: May 16, 2016
Communications Brand Manager at Endangered Wildlife Trust in South Africa
The Endangered Wildlife Trust is one of the largest biodiversity conservation NGOs in southern Africa and is seeking to employ a Communications and Brand Manager who will be responsible for managing both the internal and external communications on behalf of the EWT, including media liaison, the EWT brand and all EWT publications. This position will also be expected to provide communications support to EWT staff with regards to producing popular articles and media features. Furthermore, the position must ensure that the EWT receives correct and appropriate brand placement and awareness amongst targeted audiences, through advertising and media partners. The post also oversees all of the EWT’s online platforms and is responsible for overseeing the EWT’s membership outreach and relationships. The right candidate will be a highly competent, skilled communicator, an innovative and creative thinker, is solutions orientated and a passionate self-starter.
Deadline: May 4, 2016
Development and Communications Associate for Vehicles for Change in Halethorpe, MD
The Development and Communications Associate is responsible for implementing all of the Organization’s marketing and development strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Creates support materials and provides support in the areas of development, marketing, communications, and public relations.
Senior Digital Communications Associate for Race Forward in New York
- Develop social media and email strategies.
- Coordinate organizational social media engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites.
- Collaborate with graphic designer on production of graphics for web, email, and social media.
- Develop social media engagement strategy for Race Forward and Colorlines that is interactive and impactful, including live chats, graphic design elements, and video.
- Manage and develop email marketing communications, including interdepartmental coordination of an email calendar, identifying and implementing best practices on email marketing, and list-building in collaboration with Development.
- Regularly update the Race Forward website (www.raceforward.org) with content and graphical elements from past and current projects to increase engagement on the website.
Deadline: May 10, 2016