Jobs Around the World: October 2016
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thanks! Content Marketing Manager for Global Poverty Project in New York, NY
As the Content Marketing Manager for GC, you will play a leading role in driving strategic and creative development of our content for marketing campaigns, and drive the execution of that strategy for our key audience programs that drive growth and engagement.
- Create content for communication channels and collaborate with other content teams/creative team on various campaigns and creative.
- Develop and execute content driven campaigns for audience and partnership programs.
- Lead the content and digital strategy for audience programs & manage social media for key marketing campaigns along with oversee the day to day activities as it pertains to marketing and revenue partnership programs.
- Manage our paid social activity across campaigns and work with project management on budget tracking of social spend.
- Lead community management across our channels and create/maintain a social media editorial calendar/posting schedule.
- Develop benchmark metrics to measure the results of social media programs along with best practices for content marketing strategies.
- Analyze and evaluate content campaigns and report on effectiveness as well as social listening
- Monitor social space for brand and related topics and conversations
- Support the Global Marketing Director in the development of content for our marketing and audience growth campaign strategies
Communications & Engagement Director for Arts Alliance Illinois in Chicago, IL
The Communications & Engagement Director works with the Executive Director to inform, mobilize, and grow Arts Alliance Illinois' network of nearly 25,000 activists and to promote the mission, activities, and accomplishments of the organization more broadly. Responsible for building and maintaining key external relationships, the Communications & Engagement Director will cultivate and manage not only a comprehensive communications strategy for supporting AAI's programmatic priorities, but will also manage new and existing engagement initiatives including membership growth, the Local Arts Network and the One State Together in the Arts Conference.
Communications and Reporting Specialist for Global Communities in Turkey/Syria
- Manage Turkey/Syria program communications and reporting activities, including preparation of reports, success stories, press releases, and other internal and external program communications
- Lead the drafting of quarterly programmatic reports, in accordance with donor guidelines and formats
- Lead the compilation of bi-weekly USAID/OFDA reports
- Assist in the development of an in-country communications strategy and assist HQ colleagues in the development of an international communications strategy
- Responsible for liaising with Global Communities' Country Rep and HQ-based Communications Department to issue press releases, success stories, and other internal and external documents to share Global Communities' work in Turkey/Syria
- Responsible for ensuring that Global Communities' programming in Turkey/Syria is compliant with donor branding and marking requirements
- Assist in procuring and take responsibility for managing service providers for program publicity and communication purposes
- Support M&E colleagues in the field and at HQ in gathering, tracking and reporting data
- Support special studies, assessments, and/or evaluations undertaken in Turkey/Syria to evaluate our work and answer learning questions
- Participate in coordination meetings as requested
- Support program teams and develop communications materials on important events as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Deadline: November 30th, 2016
Design & Communications Officer for Stakeholder Democracy Network in London
To lead the development and implementation of SDN’s design and communications strategy across all projects and the organisation. This will involve working with project teams to turn key findings and reports into finished documents and infographics that will be communicated through multiple channels to promote stability and development within the Niger Delta.
Deadline: October 31, 2016.
Communications Officer for Women's Refugee Commission in New York, NY
WRC seeks a savvy, creative, and analytical communications professional to manage all aspects of WRC’s online communications including website, email campaigns, and existing and yet-to-be-created social media channels. In collaboration with the Director of External Communications and other members of the communication team, s/he will develop and implement WRC’s overall online strategy with the end goal of establishing WRC’s brand/voice and strengthening our digital footprint and presence.
Media Assistant for Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development-Legal Aid
- Promote ARDD-Legal Aid work via the media.
- Coordinate press release preparations in English and Arabic.
- Distribute all press releases to the media (nationwide).
- Raise and maintain the positive profile of ARDD-Legal Aid through press, advertising, internet, local authorities, and national courses, among other mediums.
- Cover and report all ARDD-Legal Aid activities from a media perspective.
- Conduct interviews and journalistic investigations and reports.
- Ensure that press releases are displayed on ARDD-Legal Aid website.
- Maintain a register of contact details for all media contacts.
- Maintain relationships with media personnel and seek advice on how to achieve above objectives.
- Provide a monthly media update to the Management Team.
- Develop and produce a periodical Newsletter and other content specified by unit manager.
- Translate media material from English to Arabic and the other way around.
- Prepare presentations, drafts, data analysis (identifying subjects for articles) in support for seminars, workshops and publications.
- Monitor and evaluate appropriate and timely advocacy with target audiences, as well as following up on their impact.
- ü Monitor and provide regular reports on mainstream media coverage of topics related to ARDD-LA work (refugees, women’s rights, etc).
- Execute media action plan for ARDD in general and units based on the media strategy.