Jobs Around the World: February 2018
NOTE: Please don’t send your job applications to NGO Storytelling. We aggregate these postings as a service to you. To apply for a position, click the “Learn more about this job” link beneath each listing. Thank you!
Media Communications and IT Officer for SEED in Madagascar
Deadline: March 31, 2018
This position offers an excellent opportunity for a media and IT specialist to gain valuable experience working abroad for a medium-sized NGO in stunning southeast Madagascar.
- The Media, Communications and IT Specialist will work across all departments on the following areas:
- Setup and maintenance of computers and network infrastructure used in the busy NGO office and on project sites
- IT training and development for staff and project beneficiaries
- Advice on IT development and equipment purchasing
- Coordinating social media and website updates and newsletter material with staff across all departments
- Photography and videography to document project activities at a national and international level
- Maintaining a well-organized database of media content
- Physical hardware repair of computers, mobile phones, GPS units and more
- Renewable solar power installations and repair for rural project sites
Communications Manager for International Maize and Wheat Improvement in Texcoco, Mexico
Deadline: May 21, 2018
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Communications Manager to work in the Corporate Communications (CC) of CIMMYT.
- Lead and coordinate content creation, calendaring and distribution across the CIMMYT web site, social media, blog and other outlets.
- Writing, editing and proofreading online and print content.
- Work with a company on continuous improvements in the CIMMYT website.
- Lead new approaches to create and distribute CIMMYT multimedia content.
- Utilize social media tools for content optimization.
- Contribute to online outreach campaigns, in conjunction with CIMMYT researchers and regional offices.
- The position’s holder should have a Master’s Degree in Journalism, Communications Sciences, International Development or relevant field; Bachelor’s Degree with extensive experience will be considered.
- 6+ years of experience in science communications, journalism, marketing, media campaigns and/or non-profit communication.
- Proficiency in the English Language. English will be tested and the candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR; Knowledge of Spanish will be considered an advantage.
Communications & Fundraising Coordinator for New Energy Economy in Sante Fe, New Mexico
Are you a digital-savvy communicator with a great eye for design and a passion for environmental justice? Are you excited about being part of a no-holds barred grassroots effort to achieve a just transition to 100% renewable electricity in New Mexico?
- Create multichannel campaigns that engage target constituents and enlist new supporters
- Write and send E-blasts including updates, fundraising pitches and calls to action
- Create digital test plans and monitor campaign and list activity metrics
- Write and design print flyers and infographics
- Coordinate print and online advertising design and placement
- Maintain and optimize New Energy Economy's website
- Coordinate social media campaigns
- Draft press releases and op-eds
- Draft fundraising appeals and thank you letters
- Deepen engagement and build the power of our supporters by coordinating the implementation of a supporter cultivation plan.
Strategic Communications Direct for California Calls in Los Angeles, California
The Strategic Communications Director develops and implements California Calls narrative and communications strategy, to elevate and advance California Call’s vision for building grassroots power to create systemic change.
- A successful candidate will have expertise in developing high-level strategy and executing tactics.
- Develop and implement multi-faceted communications strategies, which integrate message development, web presence, advocacy, and social media, to educate, motivate, and influence target audiences.
- Generate ideas and produce collateral materials and other key communications products including organizing scripts and printed voter engagement materials.
- Participate in statewide narrative projects and research as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, along with the demonstrated ability to compose and edit effective, thoughtful and strategic communications across a variety of platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Experience crafting and implementing a communications strategy, whether through social media, traditional media outreach, events, or other channels.
- Experience in communicating complex issues to varied audiences.
- Experience working with the media and cultivating relationships with print, radio, television and online journalists.
- 6+ years of experience in communication or communications-related role; nonprofit sector experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of leadership experience in management or supervisory positions.
- Familiarity with, passion for, and demonstrated a commitment to working in a community with people of color, immigrants, low-income and disenfranchised voters.
- Thorough knowledge of the legislative process and key political players at the state level
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule including traveling for meetings and speaking engagements.
Visual Communications Coordinator for Conservation Colorado in Denver, Colorado
Conservation Colorado is seeking a Visual Communications Coordinator based in Denver who will bring vision, smarts, energy, and passion to their work. The Visual Communications Coordinator will work on the Communications Team, bringing strategy and talent to the visual communications sphere in order to influence policy and advocate for environmental change.
- Designs visual communications to tell the Conservation Colorado story, including but not limited to: social media graphics, newsletters, annual reports, postcards, flyers, invitations, fact sheets, infographics, advertisements, and other creative digital content.
- Brings new ideas for design and content creation to the communications team, using expertise and an eye for great design.
- Ensures brand consistency across visual communications.
- Ensures that all visual materials represent the broad range of people in Colorado and are screened for inclusivity and equity.
- Conceptualizes and creates videos (scripted and interview-style) that will thrive on social media.
- Photographs organizational events with an eye toward telling the story of our work.
- Maintains video and photo library.
- Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement. The position requires a willingness to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Graphic and Multimedia Designer for Alteristic, Inc. in Springfield, Virginia
his position is responsible for the production of instructional materials, social media content, website elements, marketing collateral, and multimedia projects to support the mission of the organization. The Graphic and Multimedia Designer will bring the vision of the President and other staff to fruition as well as create new approaches and ideas for future projects.
- Develop graphics for manuals, PowerPoints, marketing materials, newsletters, website, social media sites, video assets and other products of the organization.
- Design and layout manuals, workbooks, reports, marketing collateral and other printed materials as well as electronic instructional materials.
- Update existing materials as needed.Develop creative strategies for projects
- Maintain Alteristic branding standards
Communications and Fundraising Manager for Cocoa 360 in Ghana
The Communications and Fundraising Manager is primarily responsible for outreach, engagement and marketing for Cocoa360 in Tarkwa Breman and beyond, increasing organizational presence around the world. The Communications and Fundraising Manager works under the direction of the CEO and is responsible for coordinating, implementing and executing strategies for establishing and promoting positive interaction among Cocoa360, its beneficiaries, the general community, and partner organizations.
- The Communications and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for executing a unified, consistent brand identity via the design of compelling, audience-tailored visual communications assets, including: annual and quarterly reports (digital and print), email marketing collateral, platform-specific social media content, newsletter content, website content, and print and digital marketing collateral for fundraisers, conferences, and donor meetings.
- Conduct field visits and interviews to produce visual and text material to support Cocoa360’s online and print media presence
- Curate, edit, and manage our blogDevelop graphics for manuals, PowerPoints, marketing materials, newsletters, website, social media sites, video assets and other products of the organizatCreate platform-specific content strategy to increase engagement amongst target audiences on Cocoa360’s social media accounts.
- Oversee Cocoa360’s website (www.cocoa360.org), to encourage online engagement with all key stakeholders. Develop and regularly upload new content onto Cocoa360's website; creating new webpages, editing and archiving old content where necessary.
- Develop a marketing and communication strategy for fundraising campaigns that also promotes Cocoa360’s outreach efforts.
We hope you enjoyed this month’s “Jobs Around the World.” Earlier this month we also shared The Photo Editors Take on The Future of Storytelling and discussed How to Produce and Edit Videos in Languages You Don't Speak. Be sure to go check them out!